“Excellent fishing with top class guides”

Bariloche Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Bariloche Fly Fishing, a small company operated only by fishing guides! If you are looking for spending a day in the river, floating through the National Park area, learning or improving your fly fishing skills, and catching some wild trout... we are your best option!!! Available trips you can book... Half Day, Full Day and Overnight Camping Adventure. Rest assured that safety and service are our priorities, and everything is in charge of professionals. When you book with us… you will find the best rates, all meals and fishing gear included and personal attention by fly fishing guides!
banbury
“Excellent fishing with top class guides”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Before leaving the UK for a holiday in Argentina, I did an Internet search to find recommended trout fishing guides operating from Bariloche. Outfitters Patagonia (who now call themselves Bariloche Fly Fishing ) seemed to have excellent reviews so I booked two days guided fishing through Martin who runs the company. I contacted Martin on arrival and he confirmed that all was in order. My guides for the two days were Emanuel and his younger brother Juan. Both were top class guides who had an intimate knowledge of the river and both worked hard to make sure I had good sport. I am an experienced fly fisherman and I found the dry fly fishing easy but the method of fishing heavy streamers from a fast moving boat was new to me. Both Emanuel and Juan were excellent instructors and I learned a great deal during my two days. I caught plenty of nice browns and rainbows but the really big browns evaded me. As I got better at dropping the big streamer within inches of the bank I had a few big swirls and heavy pulls but sadly the big boys refused to hang on. All in all a fantastic fishing experience in beautiful surroundings and I give Fly Fishing Bariloche top marks. I certainly plan to go back and maybe next time will book one of their three day fishing safaris.

Visited January 2013
Ariel-Bookings, Manager at Bariloche Fly Fishing, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed so much your trip with us! We truly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fly fishing, Bariloche”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fly fishing with Juan was one of the highlights of our Trip to Argentina. Floating down the river with an expert fisherman who was very patient, knowledgeable and helpful whilst enjoying the fantastic scenery of the Limay River was a great way to spend the day. Lunch was very enjoyable by the side of the river and featured freshly cooked beef, chicken and salad followed by dessert and plenty of beer. Juan answered all our questions and went to the effort to provide information about other places to visit while we are travelling. Nothing was too difficult for him. He made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Thanks Juan for a great day and to Martin for supplying all the detailed information via email beforehand. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
Ariel-Bookings, General Manager at Bariloche Fly Fishing, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Jacqui,

Thank you very much for such great comment! Juan, Martin, my self and the rest of the staff are truly glad to hear about your extreme satisfaction regarding the high standards of service provided to you. We have indeed a passion for our anglers and they can feel it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon and enjoy our Overnight Camping Adventures.

Best,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very nice time!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took the half journey program with my wife and two daughters, we had a great time ( for the first time) fishing, and with the expert advice and help from Juan, we were able to fish a few "truchas", and missed some of them. But we plan to go back soon to fish the ones we lost and a few more!
The scenery is wonderful, the river water is cristal clear.
Tha guide Juan was very friendly and professional, a great "master".
Staying in Patagonia tou cannot miss this program.

Visited January 2013
Ariel-Bookings, Manager at Bariloche Fly Fishing, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am glad to hear you and the kids enjoyed the fishing for first time and that our staff had such a positive role in your overall experience. We truly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
“Outfitters Patagonia Fly Fishing”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We recently fished with Outfitters Patagonia on the Limay River. We had a fantastic day and my son and I now share a lifetime memory. We were beginner fly fishermen but with the help of our guide, Emanuel, who was very patient and an excellent fisherman, we caught fish and had a great experience. The river side lunch was great! Our schedule leading up to the fishing trip was very fluid and uncertain but Martin, who assisted with booking the trip and with all information leading up to the trip, was great to work with. I would highly recommend fly fishing for trout in Bariloche and fully endorse Outfitters Patagonia. Muchas gracias Martina and Emanuel.

Brian and Garrett - Atlanta, Georgia

Visited January 2013
Ariel-Bookings, Manager at Bariloche Fly Fishing, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am most glad to hear that you have enjoyed your Fishing Trip with us.
I thank you for mentioning each person in your feedback who made your day possible. It is extremely rewarding for the team to get such gratitude from our guests. And we thanks to our friends of the other company, for helping us and combine efforts to give each traveler the possibility to go out and fly fish the Patagonian waters.

We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic fly fishing experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I fished the Limay at the end of December with Juan and had an incredible day. We're both novices, and Juan gave us great instruction and was unbelievably patient. It was a windy day, making for particularly difficult casting, but with Juan's expert assistance, we caught several beautiful rainbow trout (and had several more that got away - disappointing, but still a thrill!).

Breathtaking scenery; simple but delightful shoreside lunch provided midday. (Insider tip for the ladies: bring your own toilet paper for the inevitable behind-the-bush restroom break.)

Bonus at the end of the day: Juan saw us later walking to town after missing the bus, and gave us a ride and dropped us off at one of his favorite restaurants, which was delicious. Truly above and beyond the call - such a great guy!

Thanks also to Martin who was very responsive throughout our booking process and sent us pictures of us with our fish afterwards.

Definitely one of the highlights of our Argentina trip - recommended enthusiastically!

Visited December 2012
Ariel-Bookings, Manager at Bariloche Fly Fishing, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Julie,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our Limay River float trip and I hope that you will come and visit us again in the near future.

Many thanks,