“Outstandig restaurant in Bariloche”
Review of Alto el Fuego

Alto el Fuego
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Abierto de lunes a sabado de 12 a 15 y de 20 a 24. Domingo cerrado
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We have been to Alto El Fuego in april with a group of 8 friends. We were really surprised with the meal quality and the service, both outstanding! With a reduced menu, this restaurant was able to bring to us the best meat i already have in Argentina! Try the Ojo de Bife. Simply incredible!

1  Thank zampra
Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

It's taken me a while to get around to writing this review,as we travelled in September 2013. But testiment to how good this restaurant is, that I can still remember it as if it was yesterday. We spent 6 weeks travelling in Argentina and Chile, eating out every night. I can safely say this was the best steak I have ever had. We both ordered the bife de chorizo. It was so good (and huge), that we saved some and took it for our picnic lunch for the next 2 days. We are both big eaters too, but still had some left over. Anyway, I digress. It was delicious food, and we loved it so much we ate there for both our nights in Bariloche. The waitress was very helpful with a wine recommendation. The menu was simple, I would say, but the meat just perfect. The atmosphere is good (not upmarket, but just right), the service efficient. But you just have to come here and eat their steak.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Myself and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Alto el Fuego. The ambience is relaxed with attentive service. We each had the Lomo steak which was so tender and perfectly cooked it melted in your mouth. The Malbec wine was a great choice to compliment the beef/carne.
One of the best steaks I have ever tasted!

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Having travelled through South America I've been a little disappointed with Argentinian steaks. But El fuego was a real find. Two minutes walk from the plaza, on the right as you start to head uphill, it's a small friendly restaurant offering good food and drinks. We had the bife de chorizo, ordered medium rare, large sirloin steaks and they were done to perfection. Well cooked, seasoned, really tender, delicious, for $120, (£9 or US$15). We shared the papas fritas, one portion is enough for 2. I even popped into the kitchen and spoke to the chef afterwards. It might not be fine dining, and it may need another lick of paint (although I liked it as it is and it seems fine to me) but if you like steak, and you get the bife de chorizo (the best of all the cuts in my opinion), I can't see you being disappointed. Chimichanga with bread rolls on the house, 2 large steaks with fries, 2 litres of beer, for AR$390 (£28/US$47, or £21 without drinks), come on, don't tell yourself it's supposed to be the best night ever, it's just a delicious Argentinian steak night out.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Small restaurant which serves grilled meat and trout. All of the meat was perfect. Wonderful staff and owner/chef. Would have gone a fourth time but they are closed on Sundays.