“I'm going to be honest - I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alto el Fuego

Alto el Fuego
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Abierto de lunes a sabado de 12 a 15 y de 20 a 24. Domingo cerrado
Keighley
“I'm going to be honest - I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Having travelled through South America I've been a little disappointed with Argentinian steaks. But El fuego was a real find. Two minutes walk from the plaza, on the right as you start to head uphill, it's a small friendly restaurant offering good food and drinks. We had the bife de chorizo, ordered medium rare, large sirloin steaks and they were done to perfection. Well cooked, seasoned, really tender, delicious, for $120, (£9 or US$15). We shared the papas fritas, one portion is enough for 2. I even popped into the kitchen and spoke to the chef afterwards. It might not be fine dining, and it may need another lick of paint (although I liked it as it is and it seems fine to me) but if you like steak, and you get the bife de chorizo (the best of all the cuts in my opinion), I can't see you being disappointed. Chimichanga with bread rolls on the house, 2 large steaks with fries, 2 litres of beer, for AR$390 (£28/US$47, or £21 without drinks), come on, don't tell yourself it's supposed to be the best night ever, it's just a delicious Argentinian steak night out.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“So good we ate there three times!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Small restaurant which serves grilled meat and trout. All of the meat was perfect. Wonderful staff and owner/chef. Would have gone a fourth time but they are closed on Sundays.

Visited April 2014
“Best lomo in Argentinia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Since 6 weeks we travel now in Argentina, and to be honest, we eat in a lot of very nice restaurants, but the lomo in this parilla was better then in all other places before. Sympathetic service and perfect wine made this restaurant to the top 10 we have ever been!

London, United Kingdom
“Very, very good steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very goooooood. Extremely lean, tasty, well cooked steak. With delicious mash. Service good, atmosphere nice. I had the Lomo, which is steak without fat. Cost approx £11 at the time of visit (ARG Peso 140). Veg is extra. £3 for mash.

Would go back again and again if I were to be staying in town longer.

Be aware, it doesn't open for dinner until 8pm.

• Visited April 2014
South Lyon, Michigan
“Great food and wine, friendly staff, nice location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Nice smaller restaurant in the center of Bariloche.

We shared a salada completa, mashed potatoes, steak, chorizo and a pear cobbler with ice cream. The food was very nice and well prepared.

We also had a bottle of Catalpa Malbec, which was outstanding.

The waitstaff was pleasant, friendly and spoke English.

Visited March 2014