“One of the best steaks I had in Argentina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alto el Fuego

Alto el Fuego
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Abierto de lunes a sabado de 12 a 15 y de 20 a 24. Domingo cerrado
Dublin
“One of the best steaks I had in Argentina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food here was amazing. It came recommended by the hostel I stayed in and I wasn't disappointed. It was pretty busy, so you may need to book ahead.
I ordered the lomo, which was delicious. You can order salad and various types of potatoes as sides (mashed & fries). The mash was a huge portion but wasn't great, I would go with the fries instead.
Overall would highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2013

denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

After reading all the reviews I was expecting to have a life changing experience....it was ok. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, I don't know. We got the ribeye, it was a very nice cut of meat, but it was very bland with little flavor. Everything else was great, just don't go with the ribeye.

sheffield
“lovely little resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

we had a lovely meal hear ! the prices are a little steep for us backpackers so we shared the trout and a portion of chips and a salad and it was plenty ! the service was great and we loved the deccor like a kath kidston little cottage

Santiago, Chile
“Nice place but nothing special the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My experience at the restaurant did not reach my expectations. The restaurant is, small but cozy. The food was nothing special. My option was a bife de chorizo with a green salad. The bife was poor in flavor, and a little overcooked. The salad was ok, but that it. Restaurant has a ok service, personnel is friendly, but for my opinion, I would not rate this restaurant as number 1 in Bariloche.

1 Thank leonorachile
london
“One of best restaurants in Argentina never mind Bariloche!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were so lucky to have gone to this restaurant, discovered through other reviews on Trip Advisor. What an experience!! The most delicious steak, salad, provoleche, dessert topped with a bottle of red and cafe con leche... all for the ridiculously cheap price of 100 pesos each (4 of us - equivalent of around £8 each including tip) I still can't believe the quality for the price. The staff were so lovely, even allowing us to charge our iphones while we ate. The place is a converted house and easy to miss but do yourself a favour and find it. I would 100% recommend it.

1 Thank kirstal