“Save your money and your stomach” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Girula Pizza & Pasta

Girula Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money and your stomach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our first day in Bariloche we wanted something quick and easy for lunch and decided on pizza. After seeing this place so high in the raknings on tripadvisor we thought it would hit the spot. I ordered the salami pizza (I think it was called Calabrese) and my wife got the mushroom pizza. Hers was actually pretty decent, but when mine came out, something just smelled off with the salami. Even the color of it looked a little weird, but I was hungry and it was pizza, so I dove in.

After 2 slices I was feeling a little queasy, so we headed back to our apartment rental. I started feeling worse and decided to lay down. About 2 hours later after that I got really sick and, well not going to gross you out with the details, but let's just say I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy.

I gave it 2 stars instead of one because my wife's pizza was ok and she didn't get sick. I think it was the salami that did it (the cheese tasted fine). Anyways, if you go, don't order the salami! Oh and they have a LOT of flies in the restaurant which constantly bother you.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Seattle, Washington
“Excellent laid back restaurant, esp. for pasta and pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Pasta is done to perfection and the ingredients are clearly the best quality you can get. Pizza is a bit thicker than we prefer – we like thin crusts – but it was probably necessary to make it a bit thicker to support the weight of the ingredients. They do not skimp here.

Portions are large, even by US standards, and prices are extremely reasonable for the quality and quantity. Large selection of both food and beverages as well.

Visited March 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Worth at least 1 visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a place where you can go and eat at a reasonable price, and the service and the ingredients are just top! The girls are very nice, even the owner and the cooks, as they're usually at full capacity and end up serving tables too
What they call "pizza individual" is good enough for 2!! same goes for the rest of the courses they offer, wether it is a pizza, a risotto or the plate of smoked patagonian products
You'll probably have to wait for a table, but believe me, overall, this is one of my fav places in the city no doubt. A great surprise, hope they keep the bar this high long enough for my comeback to Bariloche!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bucks
“Really good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very tasty pizza would recommend, good service and restaurant packed on a Sunday night. They also do take away so if you fancy a night in this is a good option

• Visited February 2013