2,458 results
All reviewsmoreno winggolf coursenew wingllao llaowinter gardenlobby barhistoric hotelhunting lodgeoriginal buildingevery directionkids clubmain restaurantdining roomsbreathtaking viewssnow capped mountainsbreakfast buffetthe hotel offers
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The Llao Loao Hotel is a wonderful experience itself. The Building was made in the 1940's and has a very characteristic architectural style. It is Pintoresque, luxurious yet very simple, no golden faucets, no shocking marbles, yet it manages to express it's luxury thru a wonderful placement between tha Moreno Lake and the Nahuel Huapi Lake and it's overall roominess and large spaces. It has an astonishing Golf Course and the overall attetion is superb. I went on a bussiness trip, but I am sure I want to go back with my wife. The views are magnificent and both the restaurant and the breakfast are very very good.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My girlfriend and I spent two nights at the Llao Llao over Christmas 2009. It is a very lovely hotel in a very scenic location. As noted in many other reviews the rooms are not very big but they are very clean, well appointed, and comfortable. It is exactly as I would expect from an old classic hotel like this. If anyone has ever travelled in Canada to hotels such as the Chateau Lake Louise or Banff Springs Hotel this is basically the Argentinian version. The staff are also very courteous and helpful.

With that said it is a very family oriented hotel. Don't expect to go down to the pool and have a tranquil time - you can expect loads of children running and jumping. I was not fussed but other people might be.

We went to the hotels Christmas Eve dinner. It was VERY expensive (US$175 p / person) for a buffet with everything you can imagine, alcohol, and some entertainment. Definitely was not a bargain but I would probably do it again.

The views are breathtaking. If you are heading to this part of the world do yourself a favor and book a few nights at this hotel.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband and I typically stay in small, funky, boutique hotels. This was the opposite, but I was drawn to stay here because of the beautiful mountain vistas plastered on their website. The other hotel guests were mostly families, many of whom brought three generations along. Maybe it was the time of year (New Years 2009-2010), but this turned out not to be the romantic getaway I was hoping for. The local flavor and culture got lost while staying at this massive, sanitized, institution of a resort.
The resort and grounds are nothing less than gorgeous. We had unseasonably cool and rainy weather so we did not get to enjoy many of the activities the resort had to offer. We did go on a nature walk, used the spa, and attend an archery class. We could not get the massage appointments that we wanted at the spa as they were booked for the 5 nights we were there. The rooms here (at $420 per night during this peak time) have older furniture and fixtures. They are certainly not appointed to the level you would ordinarily find when paying the given rate. The rooms are large and cozy though, just not worth what we paid. The breakfast was great, I especially enjoyed the omlette station. The staff was helpful in making reservations and planning excursions. The wait staff in the main lobby (which is a great place to hang out) is very slow.
The resort is located near the port from which many excursions leave. It is also about 45 minutes from town, though after a quick trip in, we saw no reason to return.
This may be a good place for families (staying here is almost like being on a cruise ship), but not for adventurous 20 and 30 somethings looking to enjoy the culture of a foreign place.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

This was my second stay at Llao Llao and I still couldn't help but be impressed by the place - there can't be many locations more beautiful for a hotel. On arrival they didn't remember my previous visit which is a minor detail but a detail that the top hotels in Asia would know in advance - I wouldn't mention it but the hotel service was SO good that this kind of detail is the only fault I could find. We were upgraded to the next room type courtesy of my leaders club card - the rooms are fine, nothing that special and they don't take advantage of the views with small windows. Where this hotel comes into it's own is the location. Spectacular views in each direction particularly from the terrace bar. We sat several hours sipping wine (ridiculously cheaply for such a place - they even had a happy hour with two for one on everything, rare in a place like this but made enjoying the view extremely reasonable). The gardens are beautiful and the snow topped peaks behind make an amazing panorama.
Breakfast is wonderful - the quality of the food not compromised by the number of guests they serve. It's a little busy but not much can be done considering the size of the hotel. You can breakfast in the newer part even if you stay in the main lodge but the views are not as spectacular. My advice is not to splash out - take a normal room (we paid about £138 per night) and enjoy the views from the terrace. Some of the higher cost rooms don't have the best views. The outdoor pool is very shallow and with the Patagonian winds on both my visits at the height of summer it was too cool to stay more than a moment outside! My only other complaint is that the affodability of the place means that the level of guest is not always in keeping with the hotel - especially in terms of attire at breakfast and in the restaurants.
Overall highly recommended.
Also don't miss the chair lift to Cerro Campanario (15 minutes from the hotel) - in my opinion the best view in the region.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Nothing is quite as beautiful as the sprawling estates of Llao Llao in the heart of the South American winter. Geese flock the snow covered grounds with fog rolls of the lake and into the mountains. It is conveniently located near San Cathedral ski area and provides a shuttle to and from. The rooms are warm and cozy and the restaurants provide food for everyone to love.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family