“Excellent Excellent food and happy service”

La Salamandra Pulperia
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hours of operation: Monday and Tuesday closed,Wed-Sunday: 7:30pm-10:00pm. Reservations recomended Very fresh and homemade small menu, as old Argentine Pulperias
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I highly recommend coming to La Salamandra! Yummy great food, simple and friendly.
It is only open for dinner from 19:30 onwards.
It isn't a large seated restaurant- we ate on the small sofa with coffee table (which we preferred to a normal table) because it was full (and this was at 21:30).

So you MUST come and eat here! Very reasonable prices and fresh and delicious! You won't be dissapointed!

I am vegetarian and I ordered the beautiful salad and mushroom toast (AMAZING!)
All the other dishes looked amazing too!

2  Thank Mikaela K

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was very pleased to find on our second visit in 3 months that the standard of this family run restaurant was once again top notch and that they are showing no signs of letting up! They are well deserving of their high ranking in a town full of great Steak (Bife)

2  Thank Brooklyneats
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I just had the most amazing dining experience here! The chef came out and explained every dish on the menu in English. After the food came out he personally came to make sure the temperature of everything was ok with us. I have never had such great service. The place was super cute and very earthly, antique atmosphere. We were given samples of their homemade jam and dulce de leche to take home. Nothing super fancy just great food and service from the heart.

2  Thank Marissa P
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I can't even begin to describe how much my wife and love this restaurant! The food is simple yet extremely delicious and the couple that run it are nothing short of amazing. We ate here 3 times in one week we loved it so much. Make sure you get the papas (potatoes) and of course the ribeye. Their chimichurri was the best we have had in Argentina (including Buenos Aires). Other dishes we had and loved were the empanadas, the salad and the mushroom bread. The wines are good and actually pretty cheap. Try and make reservations a day before if you can and I guarantee you will be making reservations again before they even serve you dessert. I am going to miss this place and our two new friends!

1  Thank Posty916
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This small husband and wife run restaurant is top notch. Their empanadas are freshly made and unique. His Grandmother's recipe. The rib eye steak is done exactly as you want it and among the best to be had in Argentina. It is suggested that if you order the mushrooms ask him to go easy on the salt. Be aware that you must have a reservation and that menu is small with steak being the only entre. They may offer other entres at diffeernt times so if you are not a steak person it is suggested that you ask about entre options when you call for a reservation. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank TomWall60