“Excellent Day Trip”

Cuadrante Sur Kayak Bariloche
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-day tours. All-day tours, overnight trips. Combined tours. Accesible tourism. Courses. This is an activity suitable for all the family.
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great for beginners or pros looking for some relaxation. Equipment was good and all safety gear provided. All guides speak English and will answer any question you have either kayak related or just local tourist advice. Great medialunas and got to taste mate for the first time. Highly recommended.

2  Thank LolaAnMadra

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I never did a kayaking tour in my life before and I was first a little bit afraid before. But with the two guys Pablo and Chris all my doubts disappeared within minutes. The 3 hours trip with a group of gay guys was very impressive about the nature of Lake Gutierrez and the surrounding mountains. The best: After 1.5 hours of paddling we made a stop on the lake's shore to take coffee, some sweets and to drink mate tea - it was fantastic.
I can highly recommend to do such a tour in Bariloche. With the two cosmopolitan guys Pablo and Chris you are in the best hands to enjoy the nature adventure.

1  Thank Gaysontour
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Chris and Pablo were fantastic guides - they make you feel like you've made a friend. Quite apart from giving us a beautiful kayaking experience, they also told us the best places for food and nightlife in Bariloche and came to say hi in the restaurant later on. The scenery was gorgeous too despite the cold. Oh, and if you're Australian, they will love you forever if you bring them some Vegemite.

1  Thank Ellie W
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Chris (~35 yo), Pablo (~40 yo) hands down best, most knowledgeable, MOST INTELLIGENT, and MOST CARING guides I've met in the world. I am 27, from the US, enjoy quality (accommodations, food etc.) when traveling but also love adventure (pushing my guides to do things and show stuff beyond what they show the avg. tourist). I fiend to see/do things only a handful of people have ever seen/done. That said, I met Chris and Pablo.

When my friends and I saw Chris at the bus terminal, he had a massive flannel jacket on and a baseball cap. Skeptical of his character I thought, man this guy looks like a bum, prepare for a half assed excursion. But it turns out, I was wrong. Chris is an ex-M&A lawyer, an adrenaline junkie who has snowboarded all over the US including my backyard, Lake Tahoe, and has changed his career path to tourism. His partner, Pablo, is a family man, outdoorsman and a Zen-like person that knows about ALL outdoor sports (from rock climbing to fly fishing) and an avid enthusiast himself of many of them. During our breaks from kayaking, they humbly discussed with my friends and I about economics, culture, tourism, and their efforts to improve Argentina’s tourism. Besides towing the weak kayakers (my friends) through the choppy waters with no complaints, they came to have dinner and drinks with us after even though they were tired from a days worth of towing around us tourists. We chatted more about Argentina's history, world politics and cultures, their lives, the decisions they've made, philosophies, and the extreme sports Chris still does weekly. They stayed out late to have just one drink with us even though they were tired, and for that we thank them. Not to mention they also arranged a car to take our friend to the airport halfway through the kayaking session. We also thank them for that.

I said before that I like see things not many people get to see. And to meet Argentinians so ambitious, driven, intelligent, caring, and “go the extra mile” as they were, doing a job that can easily be repetitive was actually the highlight of my Argentina trip (beating out Mendoza, Ushuaia, Buenos Aires, and Puerto Madryn). Keep in mind, using the word “caring” for a male like me is rare since guides typically flock to my beautiful darling female travel buddies who can flirt the night away.

Kayaking Bariloche will be beautiful and scenic with whatever company you go with. The meals and equipment will be about the same. BUT the people you meet, who will go the extra mile for you are what will make the difference. Pablo and Chris did just that for us without us even asking. And to top it off, they are just really good-hearted people. How many guides do you know will use their personal time away from loved ones, tired from work on a weekday to show you (his random clients) the local bar scene at 1am? I hope you go with Cuadrante Sur. You won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank mctam85
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hi! I love going kayaking, that's why we went there to enjoy the lakes of bariloche. At the hostel they recomended us to go with Cuadrante Sur Kayaks... we thought it was a normal company, but it wasn't just a company, they were like our family, very professional people always teaching us, helping us, showing us the nicest places around the lake, sharing the "mates and medialunas" of Argentina... It was so funny that we went twice and we are hoping to go back to bariloche for going kayaking with them again. I just have to say we definitely recommend it !!! and thank you very very much!!!

1  Thank Ailindeoalno d