“Great Day - Great Guide”

Outfitters Patagonia Fly Fishing Adventures - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$435.00*
and up
Fly Fishing Day Trip in Bariloche
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1997 “Outfitters Patagonia” fly fishing adventures is the Premier Patagonia Fishing Guide & Outfitter service in San Carlos de Bariloche, which is located in the heart of the Nahuel Huapi National Park. Our trips are fully catered including All Fishing Gear, delicious gourmet meals and beverages. Available options range from half day fishing trips to a Full Week Service All-Inclusive! Lodging packages. Wade fish, Floating trips or Wilderness Expeditions...we are happy to customize your fishing experience to give you the best value and variety.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Fishing was a little slow early. But found a couple of nice fish later in the day. Great guide and equipment

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have to agree with everything that has already been said about these guys - they are a top class outfit.

I did two float trips with them - the first on the Rio Limay (North of Bariloche), and the second one the Rio Manso (south of Bariloche).

From the moment you contact them you will appreciate that they really know what they are doing. Martin replies promptly to all emails and provides useful advice on what to bring. They arrange everything - including a pick up and the fishing license.

The guide we had was excellent. Emanuel picked us up - on time- in a 4 wheel drive and took us to our destination. We had two excellent days out, both rivers being quite different from each other. The Limay was crystal clear, fast and wide, and we mostly fished streamers on a sinking line, casting to the bank and retrieving fast. The Manso was also clear, and looked like something on a postcard and we mostly fished drifted nymphs and dry flies. I caught some beautiful rainbows on both trips.

If you could only manage one trip I'd probably recommend the Limay, it's less technical and the fish were bigger (and we also saw some monster migratory browns in there!!!)

My wife joined me on both trips, and although she doesn't fish she also had a fantastic time. It is really a great way to see the country even if you're not fishing. We floated about 10 kms on each day and it is just incredibly peaceful and picturesque.

What else? So much more.... Martin arranged a season fishing license for me on my arrival (so I could fish on my own for the 2 weeks we were in the area); they provided excellent lunches on both trips; they recommended guides in other parts of the country (and I think this is a really mature attitude - on the basis that the local guides know the local area best); Martin gave me accommodation recommendations and helped with a hotel booking when I asked for some help for the final part of our trip; Emanuel gave me some excellent recommendations of places to fish on my own (I took waders; a 4wt and a 6wt with me!). All the equipment was good, everyone was friendly and knowledgeable, and Emanuel really knows those rivers.

If you've never done a float trip before - DO IT. It is an incredible way to fish and to see the country. It's worth every penny and it's an unforgettable experience.

Thanks for everything guys, see you on the next trip!!!

Murray

1  Thank MurrayMantis
OutfittersPatagonia, Owner at Outfitters Patagonia Fly Fishing Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Hi Murray!!!
What can I say… after all your great comments! Just let me say “Me and the rest of the Guides” are more than happy because you mentioned every single detail on what we focus and put all our energy.
Hope to see next season for a Wilderness Expedition with First Class Service with All-Inclusive!

Martin & Staff!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We are a couple from Alaska with very little experience fly fishing (we mostly just dipnet in Alaska). Our guide was very patient with us and ensured that we had a great experience on the river, and somehow, we even caught fish! We had beautiful weather and the river Limay was simply amazing. Additionally, the guide was prompt and all of our questions were answered promptly by email before the trip. I highly recommend this company.

OutfittersPatagonia, Owner at Outfitters Patagonia Fly Fishing Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks Kelly for your time to write and share your experience. All the staff appreciate your words and hope you’ll have the chance to return in the future and do a Wilderness Expedition in isolated places!

Martin & Staff

Reviewed March 29, 2012

4 of us had a fantastic trip on the Limay River. We had varying levels of fly fishing expertise from beginner to intermediate. Manuel and Juan did an excellent job of getting all of us to catch fish. While we didn't catch any monsters, we certainly saw plenty! The Limay is an amazing big water river and the water clarity is hard to describe! Food was exceptional and I certainly hope to come back.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

took a float trip down the Lemay River with Outfitters Patagonia out of Bariloche. My guide really knew the river well and put me on the fish. Caugh a bunch of rainbows and browns including a couple of trophy fish. Highly recommend these guys.