“Extremely friendly, utterly passionate, and most professional.”

Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Cordillera Bike we put all our effort into making sure you enjoy the bike ride of your life.We've got the bicycle for you according to your MTB experience; maps; and everything you might need for your trip.Our main aim is to share with you our two passions: Patagonia, and bicycles.We look forward to your visit! And if you've already met us, your opinion is welcome if it'll help us improve!
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went to Cordillera bikes because it was recommended to me by my hostel. I went there to get information on cycling the Ruta de los Siete Lagos.

I had been at another bike rental place just 200 meters up the road from Cordillera Bike the day before, and they seemed unable or unwilling to provide any information about doing the Siete Lagos - besides, I did the Circuito Chico with that other place, and the bike they gave me had seen much better days.
On account of not receiving any support on doing the Siete Lagos, I was playing with the idea of abandoning the whole enterprise (I am not an experienced cyclist).

All my worries dissipated once I entered the door into the cozy reception area of Cordillera bikes.
Daniel, the owner of the place, is extremely friendly and incredibly passionate about bikes. It turns out that Daniel not only give adise in Spanish, but has also a firm grasp of the English and - most surprisingly - the German language.
Daniel spent a considerable amount of time providing incredibly helpful information and support on doing the Ruta.
He even hooked me up with a hosteria on the Ruta for an overnight stay. That place would otherwise be hard to reach due to bad phone reception. Moreover, Daniel offered to bring the bike to my hostel in the morning as well as to pick it up on the evening of my return. A very generous service given that my hostel was in the center of Bariloche, 19 km from Cordillera bikes.

The bike itself was in a very good condition. It was equipped with a speed/distance meter, which was very helpful since it enabled me to always know my position on the Ruta. The bike furthermore came with a sizable twin bag, attached to the rack, great for carrying personal belongings. Most importantly though, an immergency-pouch was attached to the front; it contained all spare parts and tools required to repair chain, tires, or breaks in a worst-case-scenario.

I was furthermore provided with a map that contained extensive information about miradors (viewpoints) and campgrounds along the Ruta. In fact, Daniel sat down with me for 40 minutes to personally explain the map to me!

Taking all this into account, I have to give a hearty and sincere THANK YOU to Cordillera Bike for making my stay in Bariloche and my three day trip along the Ruta de los Siete Lagos an unforgettably convenient, enjoyable, and rewarding experience.

To all those who are considering renting a bike at this place, I will say this:
if you want a professional, safe, passionate, generous, friendly, and - most importantly - a highly individualised experience, do not hesitate. This place is for you. You will not regret it, I promise!

CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you, thank you very much for spend your time sharing your experience. And I agree with you: I am a passionate cyclist! Gracias! Daniel de Vries

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I rented our bikes at Cordillera based on a recommendation from our hotel. It appeared that our bikes were in better condition than many I saw from the other bike rental place. The owner speaks great English, and is incredibly nice, helpful, and has a real passion for biking.

He did a great job explaining the route to us, where we could stop, etc. Although we lost our map somewhere along the route we had no problem making it.

Thank´s. I appreciate your opinion. Gracias!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We rented bikes and Daniel was so incredibly helpful in assisting us to plan it was amazing. He spent a ton of time with us and provided detailed maps and lots of tips from his personal experience. There is a half day Chico Circuit ride that starts from his shop or you can get information from him for other options if you want to do more than one day. He clearly has a passion for cycling and seems to enjoy helping people have the best time possible on their ride. The bikes he provided were very good and well maintained.

The bike shop is based in a nice little hostel about 18km from the town center so if you want to do day bike trips it's possible to stay right there.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The highlight of our stay in the Lake District- make sure you rent bikes from Daniel at Cordillera and ride the Circuito Chico. Beautiful scenery on a good ride with lots of ups and downs (hills, that is!). Bikes are in great condition and Daniel is very patient in recommending stops, sights and hikes along the way along with suggestions as to where to get the best empanadas and the stop at the Gilbert microbrewery near the end of the ride (when they see you come in with bike helmets they will give you the 10% Cordillera discount). Make sure you dress for all conditions as we started out in sunshine and finished in a downpour.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We hired bikes for two days from Cordillera Bikes and really had wonderful rides.The bikes were well maintained and easy to use, there were a variety of sizes to choose from, each bike had a repair kit and pump (never needed), a front bag for maps and a helmet for the cyclist.
The explanations and suggestions about where/ how to ride really helped a lot and we found fantastic beaches and scenery, on both dirt and sealed roads. Excellent service and great bikes.