“Must do”

Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Cordillera Bike we put all our effort into making sure you enjoy the bike ride of your life.We've got the bicycle for you according to your MTB experience; maps; and everything you might need for your trip.Our main aim is to share with you our two passions: Patagonia, and bicycles.We look forward to your visit! And if you've already met us, your opinion is welcome if it'll help us improve!
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We are just back from a cycle around Circuito Chico and thoroughly enjoyed it. Following a recommendation from our Hostel we caught the 20 bus (7 pesos) 18km to Cordillera bike rental. It's the perfect place to start a 25km loop round the most scenic part of Circuito Chicco. What can I say about Cordillera bike rentals only that they were fabulous. Bikes & equipment were excellent. Daniel was exceptionally helpful. He helped us by coming up with a full itinerary for the cycle, with off road trails to beeches, hiking points & even a mini brewery stop off. We followed all his recommendations & they were all excellent. He even spent time with us when we returned advising further hikes and tips for a planned skiing trip. Amazing service and fabulous value. Do it.

CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your opinion. I´m sure your skiing day was as perfect as the weather: Warm and sunny!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hi,
I am so lucky I could find Cordillera. I get out of the bus at km 18.3 with a firm intention to rent a bike in one of those places which makes so much advertisement everywhere. Closed that day, at the time I was there at least... so I went walking and just 100meters down the road... a miracle.
I was so lucky I could fin Cordillera. I was given so much advice about small walks, where to buy something to eat, alternative excursions, good tips, not to mention one of the best: the GILBERT brewery!!!!
Many many thanks. It takes a little bit of time to listen and sign the contract, etc. but this is serious and so nice!!!!!! Solo lo puedo aconsejar. A las mil maravillas!!!

CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your opinion. And "... a miracle..." WOW!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We rented bikes there for a day in March ´12. Before we got started Daniel shared some additional tips with us for example for hiking up Cerro Llao-Llao. This turned out to be a fantastic side-trip! The bikes itself were good, no complaints. Once we got back we told him about our plans for the next days which included the 7 lakes road. Daniel took the extra time and had some advice for that trip too. We followed his advice and really made the trip to San Martin even better! Huge thanks for his friendly service, and spending the extra time in making sure his guests have a good time.

2  Thank Literallyafloat
CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

I´m glad to know you enjoyed your trip around the 7 Lakes, too. And remember, next time you can do it CYCLING !!! :=)

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I'm an avid cyclist and I came to Bariloche wanting to bike for a few days but had not made arrangements. A hostel referred me to Daniel and Cordillera bikes and he absolutely made my trip. I rented a mountain bike from him all 3 days I was there and did a 4 hour guided ride on some great single track by the Cerro Catherdal ski resort. Daniel was super helpful and knowledgeable about the area. His equipment was good, especially compared to other bikes I saw on the road. His mechanic cleaned and setup my bike for me each day (I chose a full suspension for the guided ride). The last day, Daniel went above and beyond, making arrangements for a really cool adventure - I took an hour long boat ride to the Bosque de Arrayanes (a beautiful isolated peninsula with a forest of unique bambi-looking trees), did a wonderful mellow 12km ride to town (Villa de Angostura), and took a bus back to Bariloche. I highly recommend Daniel and Cordillera.

1  Thank trueluv
CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you!! I´m glad to hear about you again. And it was a pleasure to ride together. Once more THANKS AGAIN!!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had planned to do a guided tour but we worked out a trip with Daniel at Cordillera Bike Shop and had an awesome experience. These rides gave us the flexibility to do what we wanted when we wanted. It took us off the beaten track through amazing country and in contact with many gracious folks.
Daniel spent a couple of hours going over options and helping us plan a 6-day trip north of Barlioche. He provided us with excellent bikes and equipment, maps with detailed instructions and called ahead to make reservations for us. He even researched which places would take visa and which only pesos.
We stayed at a fishing lodge, at fancy and not-so-fancy hosterias, at a cabana and a 4 star hotel… all with breakfast and wonderful hosts.
We liked the first trip north of Bariloche so much that we decided to use the rest of our vacation to take another bike trip, this time to Chile. Daniel planned this trip as well and when rain was forcast, he made arrangements to pick us up and return us to Bariloche. Fabulous!

2  Thank roddy w