“Parrila Patagonica”
Review of Don Molina

Don Molina
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Parkland, Florida
“Parrila Patagonica”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

That's wonderful!
The best Argentinian food that we ate! Excellent place to eat Cordeiro patagonico and the best wines in Bariloche.

Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous Argentinian Steak”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

On a 2 week trip through South America we found that the steak was a little over-hyped. Most steaks were good, but only two were outstanding and Don Molina served one of them. We both chose a specialty of the house, filet mignon served in a peppercorn sauce with a timbale of red peppers and onions on the side. Talk about delicious! The meat was tender and full of flavor, served "a punto" which is the way we like it. The portion size was double what we would expect in America. The waiter spoke enough English to guide us through the menu and helped select a nice local wine. All in all, a lovely meal. The next night we ate a mixed grill at a parillada across the street that was crowded with locals. We judged it average, and not much cheaper. Go to Don Molina for a special carnivore feast!

Visited March 2014
Flushing, new york
“Close by, so we gave it a try”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We went here for a late lunch after arriving. They have a pre fixe menu special for lunch.
A small steak and fries or a substitute with salad, vegetable and dessert. The steaks were cooked on the well side, but I did mot specify. As you can see from the picture, it was a little on the dry side. One in the group sent hers back. What she got back was much better looking when cut than my steak. But, my steak was reasonably good, but too well done. Had the bread pudding. Should have taken a picture. It was not what I was expecting. It was flat 2.5 inches by 6 inches and a very uniform 3/4 inch thick. Almost looked like an opaque, very firm flan. Very nice creamy texture and flavor with, what I thought was a hint of coconut? Excellent! I am recommending this bread pudding without any reservation.
Make sure you order the steak to your liking. I did not, so ... my fault.
Waitress was warmly and genial. Funny too when I was not sure, what I wanted, she suggested that should she just surprise me when I could not decide if I should chance the bread pudding.

• Visited March 2014
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Average at best”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us but with the caveat that it "used to be" great. The meal was unremarkable and we found far better restaurants throughout our travels. The ambiance left something to be desired -- it's a huge space without much charm and with few people there while we dined, it was a bit cavernous. I'd look elsewhere for a more authentic experience.

• Visited February 2014
“Great food, lovely setting, friendly service!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling through Argentina with a tour group and were lucky enough to cross paths with two friends (including a native of Buenos Aires) who happened to be in the area at the same time. We wanted a special place to meet and celebrate ... were glad that we chose Don Molina! The food was delicious (we had quite a cross-section from the menu including steak, trout and salads) and the Argentine wine fantastic (we appreciated our waiter's recommendations). After dinner, we got a private tour of the extensive wine cellar. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2014