“Perfect!”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is an Italian restaurant with Mediterranean approach. Pasta, meat and fish. Classic Italian cuisine with innovations and products of the region. Elegant rustic atmosphere.
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful meal, adorable setting, and excellent service. Complimentary car service from Llao Llao resort and a very nice change of scenery. The shrimp & avocado starter was simple, but impeccable. And the pastas are incredible. Ambiance is really cute as well.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food here was fresh and delicious. It was to San Francisco foodie standards, even! And one of the most romantic looking places I've ever been in, with the dim lighting, candles, rose petals from the garden scattered on the tables, and extraordinary service. I splurged here and treated myself to a full meal with dessert and some excellent vino. The nice thing abou tthis place for solo travelers is they don't limit your glass of wine to the house wine - they opened whatever bottle I wanted, and poured me a glass. I didn't have this experience anywhere else in Argentina. Much appreciated!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Staying in Arelauquen, drove 30' to Il Gabbiano because I had been there in 2008 and it had been amazing, this time, the experience was not a pleasant one. It took a long time for the waiter to take our orders and we had to remind him to take our drinks order. The food was average, the only choice of second that wasn't pasta was a fish dish (abadejo) so covered with tomato sauce and parsley that you could barely taste it, with a side of potatos that were raw and cold. I tried it and didn't like it so I wouldn't eat it. I didn't want to make a fuss so I didn't send the dish back to the kitchen. I was offed another dish in exchange but I kindly declined, given that I didn't want to eat pasta. We were poorly served during dinner, waiters changed half way, they wouldn't pour the wine which was placed on a side table. When I saw the bill I was surprised to see that they charged us for the fish dish that wasn't eaten. As we we leaving I asked to speak with the manager to give him feedback. Spoke with a man (I understand the restaurant owner) who acknowledged that we had been poorly served and said that charging for the fish had been a mistake, however he didn't offer a cash refund!?

3  Thank Caro V
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great italian food, great "malfattis" and pasta but a little expensive. It is located a bit far from the center and the principal sites but the place is nice and the owner will come and explain the main dishes.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Near the Llao Llao Hotel; a small cozy, inviting restaurant which serves the nearest to Italian food I have had outside of Italy. Lots of homemade pasta, osso bucco and a nice range of starters. Good wine list. Excellent service. A nice night out and a welcome change from slabs of Argentinian meat! Prices on the high side but this is Bariloche. Must reserve.
Only complaint is that this is another restaurant taking cash only. (USD or pesos). They need to understand that tourists are limited on their ability to get pesos unless they bring wads of USD with them to change on the black market or by waiting in long lines in banks. A number of other diners were urgently checking their cash situation on entering the restaurant.