We decided to stay at Charming mainly on the basis of its excellent Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Even before we arrived we were very impressed - we were having difficulty finding a rental car which was sufficiently large for 4 of us plus luggage (for a month!), so when we had an e-mail from Charming asking if there was anything they could od to help us, we raised the issue. Whilst they were not able to work miracles, they came up with a car which was (just about) big enough, with an option to have a bigger one if it became available. This was after quite a number of phone calls and e-mails!
When we arrived we were stunned by the position of the hotel (although the drive-way down from the main road is a bit of a shock!) - we were lucky with the weather most of the four days we were there, and the views were absolutely stunning. The rooms are all different and many of them have saunas and/or spas - we were offered an upgrade when we arrived, but did not take it as we were planning to be out a lot of the time.
Then we come to the reception staff who had already impressed us over the car hire issue - they were all brilliant. They advised us on the weather for a planned boat trip into the Andes, the booking of tickets for the trip, advising on restaurants, checking on flight times for the flight at the end of our time there - Argentine airlines seem to regularly change flight times usually by only a few minutes, but occasionally by as much as an hour! Everything was done promptly and with good humour and with generally excellent English - superb.
The food for breakfast and in the restaurant for dinner was also very good - nothing seemed too much trouble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa, built on the bluff of a cliff, delights with panoramic vistas of Lake Nahuel Huapi and the Andes mountains range. The lodge's wood and stone work is reminiscent of a small alpine village. The large balconies of each residence and suite are suspended over the bluff. Just below, the waves crash upon Playa Bonita and the sides of the cliff. The hotel's interior is just as unique. Total comfort is offered in the Private Spas that form part of each suite. One can choose between a dry sauna, a double jacuzzi with ozonetherapy and an LCD TV, a scottish shower, and a finnish shower with aromacolor therapy. Each of these options are integrated into each suite, allowing the guest total control over his or her relaxation. Charming is a place designed to astonish its guests with its beauty, luxury, tranquility, comfort, unforgettable views, and amiable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charming - Luxury Lodge & Private Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charming - Luxury Lodge And Spa
- Charming - Luxury Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche