“Looking for a great rafting adventure in a gorgeous and pristine area?”

Aguas Blancas Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a company with almost 20 years experience inspired in our love for nature. Security, excellent service and fun are our main characteristics. We have high quality equipment and the most safety procedures to always guarantee your security. Our guides, carefully selected, are cordial and have great sense of humor as they are responsible for creating a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, ideal to enjoy this unforgettable experience.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Looking for a great rafting adventure in a gorgeous and pristine area?”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Looking for a great adventure in a gorgeous and pristine area? This rafting in Bariloche at the Rio Manso, is the answer.

In looking for new services and experiences to our guests at Argentina Tango Tennis, we did a full day rafting in Bariloche with Aguas Blancas. The rafting that we signed for was the Manso to the Frontier in the Nahuel Huapi National Park.

This adventure rafting goes to the border between Argentina and Chile. It offers a good amount of adrenaline and swimming in one of the most exiting rivers in the area. Transfers, equipment, abundant breakfast (croissants, coffee, mate, eta, etc.) and great lunch (asado / bbq, wine, salads, dessert and coffee) are all included.

The guides are local ones with some knowledge of English and a wide experience of doing these type of adventure tours. The rafting is between class III and class IV. The water is cold, but suits are provided together with helmet and lifeguard.

What we really liked about this adventure / active tour is that one can get form it a real local experience plus meeting travelers from all around the word. These are the kind of tours and vacations that we like the most for us and guests.

Juan.

Visited February 2012

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great day with perfect fun!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Booking a rafting trip over this agency is well worth the money. You are taken care of so well and the day is just so fun. The costs cover the pickup form the hostel/hotel and transfer to and from the river, lunch at halftime and coffee/sweets after rafting as well as professional and very fun staff which speak English and Spanish. There is also a fotographer on the trip who takes pictures all day and offers the posibility to buy the CD with the pictures for ARS 100.- at the end of the trip.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank defko
marina del rey, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

To be short and sweet...rafting was great, guides were knowledgable, funny and helpful, great lunch, and great scenery along the way! To sum up...go!

2 Thank gsny8
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't miss it - fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

If you like rafting and gorgeous scenery, do not leave Bariloche without going rafting. We signed up for the full day Manso to the Frontier and it was fantastic. Though not an inexpensive outting, it is well worth the cost. They pick you up at your hotel and drive you out to the mountains to start the rafting. It was about an hour and a half drive and the views are really lovely along the way. When you arrive, there is a small breakfast (medialunas and tea/coffee and some other pastries), then you have a full briefing on security and protocol. They put all of the English-speakers together with an English-speaking guide so there were no language barrier issues. Then we were suited up with all necessary gear from helmets down to water shoes. The rafting was class III and IV when we went in January, but it probably fluctuates depending on water levels/rain. After a couple hours rafting through the mountains all the way to Chile, we were picked up at the end of the river and driven back to the base camp where we started. We had a three-course lunch with a really generous asado (meat grill) and ample vegetarian options, wine, pop, etc.
The photographer who documented our rafting trip showed us the images and then tried to sell them to us for about $25 USD per cd (and demanded that each boat purchase at least two cds, or you could not buy the images at all). The photographer did not seem to realize his business model was inefficient. After a fabulous lunch, we were driven back to Bariloche in time for dinner.
The trip was fantastic, our only minor complaint (aside from the photographer) was that the guides in the van on the way to the rafting refused to speak English after being told that more than half the van did not speak Spanish particularly well. They very kindly narrated the journey to the river almost entirely in Spanish. Since we knew they spoke English from the outset, this was very frustrating. But the trip was fantastic, the scenery was gorgeous and the lunch was delicious, so it didn't really hamper our experience.
Also, the company offers other rafting trips that are lower level rapids and better for beginners or kids if you're looking for that.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank USATraveler0
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Don't leave Bariloche without doing this. It is sooooo much fun!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I have always wanted to do a rafting trip so when I saw they were offered near to Bariloche on the Manso River I decided to sign my son and I up for it. I am so glad that I did. It was the highlight of both my son and I's trip to Argentina. From the pick-up, to the actual rafting trip, to the drop-off back at the hotel everything was very professionally done. Our guide Peter was fantastic. We just happened to get on a raft with all English speaking girls (I call them girls since they were all under 27) and my son and the guide were the only guys. I'm sure they enjoyed that. Peter made it so much fun with his great sense of humor and teasing personality. Peter was also a great instructor and eased any of our fears. Which weren't many since he managed to keep all of us in the raft even on the strongest rapids. The favorite part of all of us was the surfing on the rapids. Since we enjoyed it so much, Peter let us do it twice. We also had a great photographer, with also a great sense of humor. We were so glad to be able to buy the pictures of the trip afterwards since you wouldn't want to take your camera on the river. I thought the price was very reasonable for the CD being only 70 pesos.

I can't say enough good about this trip. It was very reasonable priced at 330 pesos per person and this included a light breakfast/snack before we left on the raft and also a nice size pantogonian barbeque when we returned. This included all the transfers from our hotel as well.

One other thing that I was very much impressed with is that they thought about those of us that may need to use the banos in the morning. The trip to the river takes about an hour and a half and since our hotel was one of the first to pick up from, I was a little worried about my bladder being quite full when we arrived. No problem though as we stopped at a gas station on the way with a restroom specifically for that purpose. Thanks to Aguas Blanca for thinking of that. ( I know that isn't something most people write on a review but I thought it was important as I have a small bladder)

I just cannot say enough good about this tour. If you have the time and you love adventure, you have to take this tour. I'm a 53 yr. old woman and I'm glad that I did. Peter kept me in the rear of the raft with him and guided me on what I needed to do. It was a thrill of a lifetime and I hope I get to do it again sometime.

2 Thank bigthicket