“Great cocktails!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dias de Zapata - CLOSED

Dias de Zapata
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, France
“Great cocktails!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very good restaurant at just 5 minutes walking from the city center.
Dishes were generous, taste was good.
But the "frutilla mojitos" and home made margaritas were great! And good value too.
We recommand!

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little reminder of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I live half the year in Bariloche. I love many of the restaurants around town, but this spot is a must visit at least 3-4 times a month just for the little reminder of taquerias back home. Granted, it is much different then the food I am used to, but I have really fallen in love with a bunch of their dishes. First of all, don't expect chips and salsa when you come, they serve the salsa with bread. But you can order a plate of nachos with cheese and guacomole if you like. My go to dish is the burrito Dante. It comes with a little salad on one side and a generous helping of guacomole on the other. You can choose chicken or beef and inside you have rice, black beans, and cheese. Really delicious and satisfying! My next favorite is the tacos Zoe, which has little fried pieces of tuna and is served with fresh lettuce, guacomole, and a tartar sauce on the side. Also I have tried the tacos Felix which are carne asado with bacon and red peppers served with refried black beans and rice, really tasty. Then there are the quesadillas which you can have with plain cheese, or chicken, beef, or shrimp. We tried the shrimp and it was delicious. As well as yummy food, you have a nice selection of drinks. I love mexican beers and they stock my favorite, Negra Modelo. They also offer margaritas as well, some are blended with fruits, and some on the rocks. They have some cheap versions so if you are a fanatic about your margaritas, don't expect too much. All in all, I always find this spot to be one of my favorite places to go in Bariloche. I highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Scoutie23
Brooklyn, New York
“A break from bife (steak)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited here after having one to many steak nights (I know I know) The food was solid considering its proximity to Mexico (or lack thereof). Two major faults, there happy hour Cocktails
were cheap in every sense of the word... and they served a basket of white bread with salsa!
I am sorry but you can't claim "authentic" mexican and pull that! Two words for you "Tortilla chips"!

• Visited February 2013
Pacifica, California
“The Best Mexican Restaurant in Bariloche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in all of Argentina. It reminds me of a Mexican Restaurant in Rio de Janeiro from almost 40 years ago called Lagoa Charlie's. They serve real Mexican food like you would find in Mexico and not Tex Mex one finds in many other places in the world. The Margaritas are great and the staff is friendly.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great change from the norm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Walked past this place from our hotel and dropped in for a quick meal. Staff spoke English and helped us choose a meal. Had a great enchilada that is baked in the beans etc in a baking dish and served as is. Was an great meal and cheap as well.

Excellent change from the normal Argentinian fair!