“Excelente comida y trato!”

Familia Weiss Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Los ahumados del Familia Weiss están deliciosos y la relación calidad precio es muy buena. El servicio es rápido y el personal es realmente amable. Una muestra: me dejé olvidado un pequeño bolso con dinero y la cámara de fotos cuando fuimos a cenar y el camarero lo recogió y lo guardaron en la caja fuerte hasta que fuimos a buscarlo. Recomendable al 100% / I really loved the smoked food at Familia Weiss and the quality-price relationship is great as well! Quick service and really kind staff: I forgot a little bag there with my camera and some money and the waiter picked it up and stored it into the safe until I went to get it back. 100 % recommended.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We came in because it was next to our hotel. It was full but after five minutes they set tables on the second floor with huge windows looking right out onto the lake. We really liked it. The maitre d'hôtel was particularly nice. We had lamb and we really enjoyed it. For starters they brought us some bread and smoked deer rillettes and meat empanadas. Everything was very good.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Service less than optimal, food average. Not sure why it was so highly recommended in Lonely Planet--but take note that if you do decide to go, the address is wrong in the book. It is actually across the street on the corner!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food (fondue) was ok, but the service was terrible.
The service was terrible. The food was slow and the final count lasted 45 minutes.
Other people who were at the site were also poorly attended.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We found it difficult to find restaurants that weren't completely touristy in Bariloche and this one is no exception. We finally asked a local hotel staff member for a restaurant that he liked and Familia Weiss was his choice. This huge lodge of a restaurant has an immense amount of staff and patrons. Although the salmon spread at the beginning was great, we found the wine to be over-priced compared to other restaurants and my lamb dish didn't seem to be what I had actually ordered (not very stew-like) and also overdone. I think that given the choice again, I would keep wandering for a different restaurant.