“Hotel with character”

Correntoso Lake & River Hotel
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Nice location, nice attention to details, lunch OK, dinner not good. Lovely bar, lobby and restaurant areas. Good massage at Spa. But it is quite overpriced. We had booked a one week stay approx. 8 months in advance and didn't take the reports about vulcanic ash seriously. We arrived in a thick fog of ASH and were the only guests in the hotel. Everything in the area incl. forests were covered with grey ash. The situation improved a lot after two days of rain but as we were leaving it was snowing ash again. The hotel itself is lovely with very friendly stuff but I found it overpriced. As the only guests we got an "ugprade" to a suite room with panorama views of the lake even from the bed. Otherwise the price/value ratio would have been even worse. Didn't visit the alternative hotels in the neighbourhood but I am sure I wouldn`t book the hotel again if I returned one day to Villa la Angostura again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the view, simply breathtaking! When I got my room the view was not what I expected from the site because there was a large roof under my window, but they changed it and even gave us a small upgrade. The Spa and pool is lovely. My husband loved it bacause he could do some fly fishing. Great Place to relax, have some good food and dinner. Dont forget to try their delicious doce de leite icecream!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farodivers
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This lodge is super cozy, with what has to be one of the best locations in Villa La Angostura. It is right where the Correntoso River meets the lake, and you can watch fisherman catching big trout right from your window! The rooms are warm, with comfortable beds. The lodge is heavily wooden, and decorated with lots of Mapuche-type textiles. The common areas are large, with a great lounge that has an impressive collection of books on Patagonia. While it seems to be a lodge more for couples or high-end fly fisherman, there is a big kids room downstairs complete with foosball, ping pong, movies, and toddler toys, so if you are planning to come with litte kids you are all set. The spa is where I spent most of my time. There is a great steam room made of adobe, a sauna, and an indoor-outdoor pool with great views (although the outside part was closed while I was there due to the ash). Speaking of the ash...don't let the volcano aftermath deter you from visiting Villa La Angostura. Its still breathtakingly beautiful, and almost even better than before because news stories have scared a lot of the tourism business away, making it so that you have to share this stunning place with far fewer people.
The breakfast offered inpressed me - I happen to like granola, and the amount and quality of things that I could add to my granola were enough to make me laugh. Bowls of all sorts of seeds, dried fruits - for me it was heavenly, especially when accompanied by a properly made coffee and enjoyed out of the patio overlooking the lake.
All in all this hotel has a good reputation which I felt that it lived up to. : )

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was the second time I've stayed in the hotel.

The rooms are ok. The service is excellent and the views from every part of the hotel is just AMAZING.

The hotel has two restaurants: One inside the main building where the rooms are. This is a very classy resttaurant and has a very good wine list. The second is more relaxed, and is located close to the Nahuel Huapi's Lake. In this one you can eat very tasty trouts.

The spa is something UNIQUE. It has an infinity pool that it seems to be continued in the lake... Amazing! It also has massage rooms with a view to the lake.

I strongly recommend this hotel for friends, couples, families and fly-fishing lovers.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JONATANLOTER
Reviewed February 4, 2011

It has the touch of an old Grand Hotel, but it is completely renovated. The location and the view over the lake is unique, rooms are very cosy, great bar & lounge, food and selection of wine in the restaurant top. There is also a nice Spa with pool.
But the best of all is the staff, very friendly and helpful, always here for you .... Great service in a relaxed and relaxing atmosphere!
Don't miss the boat trip (sunset cruise), offered by the hotel .....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ballner
Reviewed January 22, 2011

villa la angostura is a beautifull, little town in neuquen(argentinian patagonia)
we went there a lot of times and every year it becomes more gorgeous
near villa la angostura, the city of bariloche has something that villa la angostura doesent has:nightlife
however i prefer villa la angostura whit its lakes, rivers, mountains and 5 star hotels
correntoso hotel(member of the small luxurius hotels of the world) is something like el faro hotel
I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS PLACE FOR EVERYONE TO VISIT , IT DEFINITLY HAS THE BEST VIEWS OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.
YOU CAN HAVE THE ANDES IN YOUR WINDOW , VISIT VILLA LA ANGOSTURA

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We only spent 2 days here but we will never forget those. I proposed to my girlfriend and it couldn’t have been more perfect. The staff was great helping me to prepare it. We stayed at the comfortable Belvedere Suite with an amazing view on the lake. And we had a wonderful time together at the high tea, massage, pool... and enjoyed the great food.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple