This is a lovely property with great views over the lake. The food and wine were generally very good, especially breakfast which was excellent.
All the staff were very engaging and helpful, particularly the concierge. No complaints there.
We had one problem however, which has marked them down a star:
They were repainting the outside of the building and that made our rooms smell strongly of paint when the windows were open. Obviously, you want to benefit from the fresh lake air and views. In addition, they were also using power-sanders to remove the old paint, which was noisy. We complained about this, and they offered us another room, but it was not as nice. Apparently the only time they can do this is when they are open because they are closed during the rainy season. Is this true? I am not sure... I think they should of warned us in advance and/or offered a discount for essentially staying in a building site.
The spa is fine, but the showers have no privacy which can be a bit awkward. The pool is lovely and warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ample residence on the shore of a peaceful lake that for 20 years has hosted distinguished guests in search of tranquility and relaxation. Inmersed in the natural vastness of the National Park Nahuel Huapi, Las Balsas Gourmet Hotel & Spa posses a unique natural landscape. Since 1995 has been a member of Relais & Chateaux, the prestigious collection of refined hotels and restaurants known for offering its guests and clients singular and unrepeatable experiences. Las Balsas Gourmet Hotel & Spa has three Suites and twelve Standard rooms, through which the essence of the Patagonia can be felt at every moment. Each one decorated differently but with a harmonious feel amongst each detail, inciting a unison between our guests and their natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Balsas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Balsas Hotel Villa La Angostura
- Las Balsas Villa La Angostura
- Las Balsas Argentina/Villa La Angostura, Patagonia