“Exquisite! ”

Delfina
Cuisines: Argentinean, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We propose an original gastronomic choice in “Delfina Restaurant” where you will find dishes with all the fresh products of the day, and a wine cellar where we will advise you for a best wine selection. The wine cellar itself is located in an historical house in our property.
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Delfina was an absolute treat! First of all, the service was so friendly and accommodating! Our Spanish was limited and they did a superb job at speaking to us in English and helping us through the menu with fantastic recommendations.
The food was out of this world. The steak was perfect and my husband had the best pork chops with beer purée in his life. The ambiance is soft and romantic and feels upscale but not stuffy. An absolute MUST STOP while in Villa La Angostura. Don’t miss it!

secretopatagonia, Gerente at Delfina, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your experience at Delfina!

We hope to see you again any time soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Great view of the lake . We had a Great meal. Lake view. Strongly recommend. I would love to stay at the hotel.

Dear Julio,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We're glad tha you have enjoyed your meal.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The setting and décor are gorgeous. The history of the building (a midwife's dwelling and stable) was fascinating. The service was excellent, even though we arrived nearly an hour early were invited to go in and be seated comfortably. We all ordered the bife de chorizo a punto and it was exquisite. A huge portion.... enough for the next day as well. We didn't have room for dessert, but it was probably equally delicious.

Dear Judyth,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We're glad that you have enjoyed your experience at Delfina's Restaurant.

We will be happy to receive you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner with a couple of friends and tried a lot of dishes from the menú. The service was great and the new chef in place did an oustanding job! Would definitely come back!

Dear Nicolas,

We appreciate your kind words.

We're glad that you have enjoyed your experience at Delfina.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I only write reviews when I have good things to say; however, I felt that I needed to give another type of review after our dinner at Delfina.

We went here because of the favorable reviews that I had read. Our experience was anything but positive. The restaurant, itself, is very pretty with a nice atmosphere and decor.

We placed our order, and the wine, water, and bread came out very quickly. Then, we waited and waited and waited. Eventually, the pasta that one of my daughters and I ordered arrived, with extremely small portions. We ate that while it was hot as my husband and other two daughters watched!

A little bit after that, we saw the waitress deliver two steak dinners and a fish dinner to a table in another room. Of course, those meals were meant to come to our table. It took some time to find the waitress again for us to inform her of this mistake. Her answer was that she could remove our pasta bowls (which made absolutely no sense at all!).

When we finally received the remaining meals, we predicted that the steaks would be raw, because the kitchen rushed to get them out. Of course, they were, so four of us watched my daughter eat her fish dinner. Eventually, the new steaks were delivered, which tasted just average. My husband and other daughter ate their meal by themselves while we looked on.

I understand problems happen at a restaurant. But, in my opinion, the sign of a good restaurant is how mistakes are handled. Delfina did comp our bottle of wine, but the waitresses and management did not provide us an adequate apology. In fact, no one from the management even came over to our table. I would neither return or recommend Delfina, as there are many other restaurants in Villa La Angostura that offer better service, value and quality.

3  Thank Laurie B