All reviews tuscan villa the owner's son other guests stay there again no doubt marcos warmth marcus mountains suite view spa verde mate lounge bariloche linens
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We could never find a better place to spend our honeymoon.

The best hotel I have ever been to. The lake view early in the morning is so peaceful and espetacular!
The food was just awesome and our stay was perfect!
We hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Me and my wife went to Luma in last June for our honeymoon. We found out about the hotel on Trip Advisor and decided to try it after all the good reviews. Let me just put this simply, this is the best hotel I've ever been to! Everything is well thought, the rooms are absolutely beautiful, the food exquisite, the hotel unique and the service is top notch. I recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a one of a kind experience.

We stayed at the Mirador suite, it has a huge balcony and the view is breathtaking.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BFerrante
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This really is a special place. It is beautifully and tastefully decorated and every detail has been thought through.
The owners and staff were so helpful - even before we got there they sorted out a hire car for us as Bariloche airport was shut and we had to fly into Nequen. It was a 5 hour drive but so worth it! We spent 4 nights over Christmas and had the hotel to ourselves as it seems that people are put off by the fact that the airport is shut (due to open in March I think). But out of all the places we stayed in Argentina and Brazil on a month long trip - this was definitely our favourite. Pure luxury and relaxation. We stayed in one of the suites with a balcony over looking the lake. I don't think it gets much better than having breakfast in an incredibly comfy bed, looking at that beautiful view!
It's just a short drive to the little town which has plenty of nice restaurants but we did find it quite hard to tear ourselves away from the hotel as you can lounge by the pool, have a massage, play pool in the gorgeous lounge...and the food was excellent!
It's a great hotel in a beautiful place so highly recommended
Enjoy

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb09London
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I fell in love with this place from the second I walked down the entrace path. I felt like I was entering a secret forest wonderland - and arrived at my own private enchanted villa which happened to be on a gorgeous lake overlooking mountains.
The vibe is chic, posh, luxurious, yet super cozy. I felt perfectly fine lounging in sweatpants, a t-shirt, and barefeet if I had to walk through the common areas. The rooms are huge, all with incredible views, so you cant go wrong there. There is a pool table, a private beach just a 2 minute walk down the path, a library, bar, a laid-back spa with sauna and multi-jet shower...there is so much to do that you may not even want to leave. It would be easy to just install yourself there and chill for a long time, so you should try to plan more than one night there. If you are traveling with a partner, I have to say that it cant get much more romantic. Enjoying breakfast in your massive bed with the french doors flung open, listening to the birds and taking in the crystalline lake - it doesn't get much better than that. Well, until you are drinking wine on your private patio watching the sunset over the lake later that day...
What I liked is that the owner is right on site. You can feel the difference that that makes. He is in all of the details, and makes you feel like he really is welcoming you into his home as a special guest. His wife is a sommelier, so you are guaranteed a good wine selection. : )
I really did fall in love with this hotel, everything about it. The next time I am in Villa La Angostura, you know where you will find me...but this time for more than one night! Highly recommended. Highly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed here for our belated honeymoon in November, their season had not yet started so we had very few other people in the hotel with us. We got one of the suites with full balcony and terrace, very private and great views of the Lake and they had given us a welcoming gift of champagne and snacks, etc. We did the honeymoon package and in it they included a sail boat tour of the lake which we also did. So romantic. The bathroom was so big and a great freestanding tub. They had a rain shower too! We had two sets of french doors that we opened to hear the sounds of the birds and the lake against the shore. We ate dinner there one night as well and that was pretty good. Gabriela the hostess of the inn was the sweetest and most helpful with ideas and recommendations. We hung out in the lounge downstairs with the fireplace. THe pool area was magnificent and they had a fire going in there. I had a massage one evening as well in the spa. We dont understand why more people aren't staying here... it is a true gem.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple