“A good place !”

TINTO Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Wonderful food and terrific table service, plus music from Putumayo that was perfect for the evening.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Well, the restaurant and bistro "Tinto" was recommended by the hotel "La Correntoso Lake & River", where I and my girlfriend spent 6 days.

At first I have to say, that all the restaurant the hotels are recommending, you should better avoid, they are all their buddies. You should discover the little village "La Angustura by yourself,
and you will make much better experiences,.....trust me.

We went in the evening to the restaurant "Tinto", the location is nice, surrounded by trees, on a little hill, inside the candles are burning, a nice welcome, that was my first thought.

We couldn't choose the table we wanted, the most tables were empty, but the staff told us, the tables have all a reservation. So they brought us to a little corner, close to the toilet, direct under an open window,.....it was cold and I thought, they have no respect for the customers, probably they prefer "THEIR" clients,.....that was my impression and usually I' m right when it comes to this issue.

Then I figured out, that the guest and staff watched us, like we are "Aliens" or came from a foreign planet,.....this is tasteless, cheap, arrogant and without education in my opinion,.....well, meanwhile the waitress came to us and explained the card to me and my girlfriend. I prefered to study the card by myself and I figured out that the prices for the food were really overpriced compare to the other restaurants in "Villa Angostura"

But what really upset me was the fact that they offered not a lomo in pepper-sauce and papas espanola, or a lomo in mustard-sauce with papas noisette,.....they offered a lomo with beans and capern, but much more expensive than a lomo with mustard-sauce and papas noisette you can get in one of the REAL restaurants in "La Angostura". Ridiculous.

Well,.....tell you what, not with me,.....you want to play gourmet, try to sell overpriced food, and want to fool the people that a lomo with beans and capern is gourmet ???,....sorry, but not with me and my girlfriend, because we know what first-class-food, and gourmet-food really is, my girlfriend is a first-class cooking pro.

My girlfriend looked into my eyes, I looked back into her eyes, and we agreed both,.....that's it, good-bye restaurant "Tinto",.....you can play big with the others, but not with us.

Later we figured out, that the restaurant "Tinto" is run by the brother of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands,......well, tell you what, I give a damn.

Places like that, I hate generally,.....they want "THEIR" clients, their own class, and the common people are just good enough to finance their overpriced wanna-be-food, so this faked people can go on with their faked lifestyle,.....not with us, you will never see us again.

An advise from me,.....go to the restaurant "Loncomilla",.....you will get not gourmet-food, but you can eat a good pork in plum-sauce with papas espanola, a good lomo in pepper-sauce,
a good lomo in mustard-sauce and papas noisette, salmon in orange-sauce, the wine is good to excellent, also the salads are big and good with a lot of tomatoes and not just the green-stuff like in this wanna-be-restaurants in "La Angostura".

I hope my review was helpfull, enjoy your vacation,

E.K.

3  Thank EduardKaupa
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After a first experiense 7 year ago I came back to this place to confirm that it is not just the name but the food and the experiense in general. Service, food, wines, enviroment in general is excellent. Menu goes from delicious local tastes to exotic falvors, wine options are wide and excellent, and the service of all the people is exceptional. Price is a little higher that other in the city, but the quality is equivalent. A place to come back!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had dinner in this superb restaurant, the wines and food where very good! Good and fast waiters and waitresses and the host was very kind to talk to some of the guests, including us (for us it was even more special as Martin Zorreguieta is the brother of our Queen of the Netherlands). The restaurant itself is beautiful! Not too big. Good price / quality.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went to Tinto Bistro with my 3 kids (6yrs x 2 and 8yrs).
We had a great dinner washed down by a very drinkable Patagonia Pinot (Alma negra?)
I had Trout as a starter which was good. The best dish though was a venison slow cooked on caserole. Kids loved the simple children's menu and the bonfire outside which kept them entretained.
Last but not least Tinto has one of the nicest antique style bars, I have ever seen, complete with a vintage refrigerator which is a jewel. A place to come back to.