“Mixed feelings”

El Regional Cerveceria & Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local en tres niveles,terraza al aire libre y deck en esquina,show en vivo,barman.Capacidad para 170 cubiertos,con 15 anos de trayectoria ininterrumpida. Atendido por un gran equipo con amplia experiencia y personal idoneo.
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We went twice to this restaurant, the first time for dinner and the second one for lunch. The first time the food was quite good, we had a trout, a chiken "milanesa", and a beef "milanesa". Everything was quite good and we liked the service and the athmosphere. So, we decided to return for lunch a couple of days after. Surprisingly, the second time the food was barely ok even though we ordered almost the same. The chicken "milanesa" was chewy and we didn't even finished it.
I don't know what to think about this place, maybe the cook they have at night is different from the one at lunchtime?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went there with the intention of having fish and some good wine.

We were very nicely received. The waitresss -good english speaking- helped with the menu. First we got some little starters on the house, which were quite good.

We ordered milanesa and trout. Wine list was good and the wine was served at tct temperature. Our plates came nicly decorated and weremvery tasteful. I was especially surprised by the milanesa, noth the usual greasy stuff you usually get in South America. The trout was very good. Also the side dishes met our expectation.

All in all we were very happy and would go there again.

1  Thank 72Clemens
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We went in January with our Argentinean family side for a tour in San Martin de Los Andes and we had the chance to dine at El Regional.
I got what I was expecting accompanied by a good bottle of Malbec and a nice waitress.
All in all I would go back there even if the experience was nothing exceptional.

Reviewed January 7, 2011

The evening started off well with a very helpful waitress and a free appertiser, but it went downhill quickly after that. The entree we shared was the smoked trout & deer. The trout was pretty good, but the deer was strong and tough. We both had trout for mains and they were both terrible. My wife's trout with butter was dry and my stuffed trout was the worst meal I had in South America. It was stuffed with slimy bacon & leek and covered in a curry sauce. The asparagus was so woody I couldn't cut through it. It was awful. After all the good reviews for Cerveceria El Regional we expected much better.

1  Thank TravellingPeteB
Reviewed April 11, 2010

While the ambiance is a bit cheap because of the ski-hut style interior. The meals they served us were very good. In fact we think this was the best restaurant we had been to on our trip trough Argentina. The chef that works in this restaurant performed an oustanding job with the ravioli filled with trout.
The waitress completed the picture.