“Rather a hostel than a hotel”
Review of Bahia Nueva Hotel

Bahia Nueva Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Madryn
Reviewed July 27, 2011

When we arrived we had a good impression as this hotel is located opposite of the sea and the lobby looks quite nice (like a lodge). But this first impression changed soon. The lift up to the rooms is only suitable for 2 adults with luggage (we arrived in a group!) and the lift only works when the lattice gate of the lift is closed at both (we only saw 1st and ground) floors. Means first you have to go up or down to the other floor, closing this gate and then you can use the lift.

The rooms are old-fashioned, dark, no air-conditioning, with dirty carpet and walls but apart from that clean. The room reminded me on a youth hostel. Additionally we got twin instead of double - double seems to be a general (not available) problem in Argentina.

In the night, at 4am, suddenly I woke up because of horrible noise. People were shouting and laughing on the main street in front of the hotel (our room had inner courtyard view). As it didn't stop on its own I called the front desk after more than 1 hour (!) without sleep. Then I heard somebody with a scolding voice and suddenly it was quite. But I really do not understand why the hotel staff waited till a guest calls them, this should be done immediately from their side to protect their guests rest.

As per my impression hotel staff's English is quite poor. I had to ask 3 times for a working hair dryer and at the end a guy showed up with a laptop telling me that WIFI is now working :-) But they all were friendly as far as I understood them ;-)

Breakfast is quite poor but adequate for this kind of hotel.

The location of the hotel is quite good, there is a big supermarket just around the corner (behind the hotel) and everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lana0273
There are newer reviews for Bahia Nueva Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Our rental car broke down and the front desk people helped us with translation and calls. We would have been in a bad way without their help. We stayed 3 nights in a heat wave and a water shortage. No air conditioning, so it was very HOT. When the water went out we thought nothing else could go wrong. The rooms are small and dated but clean. The location was excellent and we had a view of the ocean. Our traveling friends had a wall view and nightclub noise into the early hrs. The price, location and staff were perfect. Breakfast was great. I just wish it wasn't so darn HOT. We went to a very nice restaurant a short walk away and had them crank up the air. Great meal and Jazz . The rental car (Thrifty) is a whole long saga. My wife saw penguins. I saw a repair shop.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Wow ' best breakfast yet - local jams, cheeses etc.
Rooms too hot at night - no air conditioning so no sleep

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I highly recommend Bahia Nueva Hotel:
Bahia Nueva Hotel is located across from the sea, it´s close to the commercial center.
The staff is so friendly! They are always willing to help!
The rooms are very comfortable. Breakfast is super: full of regional jam.
We had a great stay!
Best

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We spent 5 days in Puerto Madryn from dec. 29 to jan 3. The city is charming, Peninsula de Valdes offers a wide spectra of wild life, and people is kind. Hotel Bahia Nueva is a good exponent of this lovely city with correct rooms, house made and fresh breakfast, and people helping in all yopu need. The best price/quality relationship. More tips: rent a car in Centaurus; dinning at Cantina Nautica and Ambigu

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Nice hotel which is conveniently situated in Pto. Madryn. It’s close to the pier from where you can watch whales. Several nice restaurants are nearby. Staff is helpful in particular when you want to book excursions. Breakfast is fine but the restaurant is not recommendable. Make sure that you book one of the more modern rooms. We booked too late and were in one of the older rooms which was small and smelled pretty bad.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have to say that there is nothing charming or special about this hotel. The rooms and windows are very small. Mine was overlooking to the kitchen of the bar next door and all the grezzy smell was coming into my room when I opened my window. However, to spend a night it is perfectly OK.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends