“Lucky to choose this hotel!”

Rayentray Puerto Madryn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Madryn
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice hotel and very spacious rooms, very good value for money. The view from our room was great like all rooms of this hotel! The service was irreproachable and receptionists spoke good English. As we had a car, no problem to go to the city and have dinner, but I think the distance between the hotel and the center of the town could be a bit big to do it by foot. We were very pleased from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MariaD20
There are newer reviews for Rayentray Puerto Madryn Hotel

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with 2 children.
Positive; great view from the top floor, good free wifi,very clean, balcony overlooking the beach,big bathroom with a changing room, 2 good large beds, helpful staff, no sounds,casino,they gave us late check out,great to run outsidethe view is great ocean on one side, and when you walk out of the room you see only flat sandy land.
Negative; a bit expensive ( approx 900 peso pr night in double),the restaurant were slow,pricy and nothing special,a bit far from center ( 1 hr to walk to bus terminal) but it was good for us.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank shakypaky
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Not much to look at outside but roomy and airy inside if a little retro and dark in the lobby. Rooms are reasonably well appointed with fabulous views of the bay and southern Right whales "playing" in the bay, sometimes within a few hundred meters of the shoreline. Take binoculars. Staff on the front desk polite and helpful...BUT...that is where it ends. The restaurant staff are rather dismissive and the food is inedible. I cannot imagine who does the cooking but I had raw meat served up in a lasagna...and who can cock up a lasagna. The problem is the staff in the restaurant could not care less and even expected me to pay for it! Don't eat there, Beware buying at the bar, three small bottles of water cost me $30US! Long way from town centre but taxis come quickly and are reasonably priced. Large coachloads of touring visitors turning up daily which may explain the attitude of restaurant staff to customers!

Room Tip: I was on business but had my teenage sons with me. I chose this hotel because they advertised a Juni...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WhaleWatchWestCork
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We called Puerto Madryn for 2 nights, the hotel is new and looks good, the staff is helpfully and polite.
The hotel is located 2.5 Km from city center if it cold the walk can be hard, there is a bus every 30 minutes.
As it was cool we decided to have dinner in the hotel, it was a big mistake, the food is bad really bad, impregnated with oil, the tiramisu was far from the one we know, do not eat in this restaurant.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jorge m
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We slept at the Rayentray 3 nights while visiting Puerto Madryn and the Valdes Peninsula. The hotel still looks brand new . The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. They all have a balcony facing the bay. Unfortunatly, when we got there the Hudson Volcano in Chile had erupted and the ashes from the volcano obstructed the view and covered the city. The hotel had unexpected big groups of tourists stranded there because of flight cancellations. I can understand that the service was slower and they hardly could replace the eggs and breakfast items fast enough for the heard of exausted tourists. Still I keep a good souvenir of the hotel, the pleasant staff and the beauty of the region.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pocoapoco
Reviewed September 2, 2011

In October 2008 my agency took a large group to the Rayentray hotel, newly opened the previous month. The hotel itself is beautiful and spacious, but the service was definitely rough. I attributed this to new staff in a new hotel getting used to things. The location is about a 20 minute walk to the center of Puerto Madryn and the shops, but you can easily walk the beach to get there. In all we had a nice experience at the hotel until the last night (we stayed for three nights) and our celebratory farewell dinner for 120 people. The food was ok, but nothing special, but later that evening, several members of the group became sick. The following morning, at least 15 more people were sick, including my mother who was on the tour. Doctors were called and came to the hotel and the management was nowhere to be found. That was the most upsetting part to me - the management disappeared on that morning during this entire crazy morning. It was the day of our departure back home and we had to change many people's flights because they could not board the plane. I had to change my flight as well as that of my mother so she could recover. The front desk was helpful, but the management and owner (whom I had met on an inspection trip the previous year) were completely absent though the staff said they were in Puerto Madryn. No accountability from the management and absolutely no follow up after my return to the US. Completely unprofessional in my book.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank KairaDorong
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and i went to argentina to do a bit of travelling and we ended up in puerto madryn and stayed in the rayentree for 3 nights so we could go sightseeing for the penguins etc . the rayentree is a large hotel situated just over the road from the beach they have excellent service and english speaking staff which came in very handy there is a casino there so which we used on 1 night (never again lost money ) the food is very good and the rooms were very spacious

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family