“Nice, clean rooms but...”
Review of Hotel Gran Madryn

Hotel Gran Madryn
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Madryn
“Nice, clean rooms but...”
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Charged as a no show when delayed a day. Gave 24 hours notice by phone but was still notified I'd be charged for first night...
COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed there for 2 nights and really enjoy the room and service. The people are very nice and helpful. I don't speak spanish so I send them emails to ask around the trip and transportation before hand. and actually get timely and valuable feedback about everything. So I just book 2 day's trip from them and have a very good weekend.

Besides, the room are very clean. It's small, but considering the low price, I would say it's a good value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband I booked this hotel based on the recommendation of Frommer's and it did not disappoint. It is located right off the water, with simple, but clean rooms. Our room had a balcony, which I recommend you ask for. There was a table and two chairs outside that our husband and I used to watch the sunrise and sunset- spectacular! Also, when we told them we had to check out very early to catch a 6 a.m. flight in Trelew, they prepared a truncated version of their full breakfast for us... at 4:30 a.m. Great hotel for a great price and loved the hotel's adorable Golden retriever mix.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2009

To be honest, we weren't really sure what we would find when we got to this hotel. Pictures and details were scarce online. It turned out to be a small but very comfortable and very clean room with a beautiful view of the ocean, which was literally across the street. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the owner, Claudio, was extremely down to earth. He seemed genuinely interested in the comfort of his guests. We were among very few non-Spanish speaking tourists and we were made to feel very much at home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
jerusalem
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Our trip to Puerto Madryn was very interesting and
staying in Gran Madryn hotel was wonderful and very comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean and hot,the bed - comfortable. Breakfast was great. The owner of the hotel and reception stuff were very friendly and helpfull.
It's wonderful choice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
washington
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I was in my hollydays and a went to puerto madryn for five days, I satyed at the Hotel Gran Madryn and let me tell you it was a really ugly experience. the people that works there talk to me not very nice and also no one speaks english. The managger didn`t let have my dinner in peace because he was always talking to me all the time. The people from the restaurant they have was wonderfull and the chef was the only one who speakes english. So I recomend this place just for the restaurant but never stay at the hotel, trust me.

louis Donnovan, Washington DC.

• Liked — the restaurant of the hotel
  • Disliked — the people who works at the hotel
Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends