“Nice views”

Salta Tram (Teleferico)
Ranked #25 of 120 things to do in Salta
More attraction details
Owner description: This cable car takes you to the top of San Bernardo Hill where you can enjoy a view of the Lerma Valley.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We took a taxi to the top and rode down on the gondola. Check the visibility first as the views were limited due to haze the day we went. Another day I climbed the steps(1068 of them) and found that a better experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,408)
All reviews
"nice thing to do"
"paid pesos"
"spend an afternoon"

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice ride, takes about 7 minutes to get the top- you can take pictures. We were two adults, two kids and a toddler in a stroller- and we all fit in one car

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't always use funiculars, but when I do, I expect a park like this on the top! Splendid view!
Buy beer up there, no joke, they have "Dos Equis" up there! Had to drink a couple of them, go for a walk, come back and drink a couple more...

2  Thank DoktorShiruango
Reviewed July 10, 2013

It is a nice ride. It costs AR$ 25 each way, 45AR$ return trip.
It goes to the top of SanBernardo Hill. Great views of the city.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been on several cable cars in various cities, and prior to this one, most recently in Barcelona. This one in Salta is more worth the cost, but perhaps it is a bit expensive for all that it is. We paid 25 each to go up only (I post this, as prices seem to go up constantly due to inflation here, and this is much more than our "new" guidebook stated). We walked down. The waterfalls are nice, and there is a nice, rather small area to walk around and enjoy views. You can have a bite to eat (we didn't, so I cannot comment on quality or value). You do go up quite a ways and can take in quite a view, which is why I think it is rather worth it, as compared to other, smaller, more expensive cable cars. As I said, we walked down. We are fit, but not fitness buffs and had no issues, but the cobbled stairs mean that the walk down is not for everyone. Also, it is hard to find the way down as there is no sign, so we thought at first we should just take the road down. Be sure to ask. The way down is in the waterfall area, but there are several dead ends. It took us about 45-50 mins to go down (we were told it would take 30) once we found the correct way to go. Wear decent shoes if you intend to walk, as the stones are slippery at times. I don't think it is worth the full price to go both ways, but I was happy to get in some exercise today. If I didn't want to do that, I would not pay to go both ways.

1  Thank mmstyle