All reviews hammocks hamacs hostel argentina privacy centre
Reviewed November 26, 2014

We had a great time here. The staff is really friendly and very hospitable. They treated us to a REAL Argentine Asado :) and made us feel at home. Great music being played throughout the day creating a relaxed atmosphere.

The rooms were nice, comfortable and affordable (budget travelers). We stayed in both the dorms and the private rooms and had no complaints. The private rooms are quite nice and there are plenty of showers with hot water. The full kitchen is huge and available for guests to use. Really nice to have a home cooked meal after being on the road for a while.

We only intended on being in Salta for 3 days but stayed about 10 days because we loved staying at this hostel.

Had so much fun here and you will too. Can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kir8s
Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

Room was large, but well-worn, torn sofa covering, main lamp not working, quite dark. Also ashtray in courtyard on our windowsil, so smoke came right in. Ashtray kept moving back there even if we just moved it a metre away to another table. Bathroom sinks dirty

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed October 27, 2014

Great value, decent location, AMAZING WIFI, big rooms and hot showers - what more can you ask for in a hostel. Pretty cool design too, old school pictures, hammocks, beers in the fridge - all very impressive

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Onestep4ward
Reviewed October 20, 2014

this hostel has a really great atmosphere...friendly staff and they couldn't have been more helpful suggesting activities. Very convenient location . i trully recommend it and would love to stay here again ! thanks guys!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2014

I was really looking forward to stay in this hostel based on people commentaires but was really desappointed by my one night stay. My feed-back is only based on my own expérience. I will just mention that I've been in more than 10 hostals in SA before arriving to Prisa Mata.
The (+) :
-I agree with what have been said about the location, atmosphere with good music, the good vibes....
-The big communal kitchen is nice and practical
-The dorm of 5 beds has many draws and storage

The (-) :
- Pillows were dirty and without any pillowcase. All the girls in the dorm prefered not to use them.
- Bathrooms were dirty as well, a lot of empty bottes of shampoo, full bins , hair everywhere...a little bit disgusting actually...
I think the staff has changed since the last comments because except for Juan who was nice and helpful, the staff was really rude and unfriendly. For example, The girl at reception (by the way she never smiles) asked me in a rude way to pack my staff and change the dorm where I was staying with my friend just after unpacking and trying to relax after a very long trip. She didn't want to discuss and was really unpolite. I couldn't stand this way of treating people so I prefered to just pack my staff and leave the place.
I think the hostal is overrated. Some cleaning and a nicer staff are more than necessary.

Date of stay: October 2014