“Most comfortable beds”
Review of Hostal La Posta

Hostal La Posta
Ranked #12 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Salta
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hostel is defentely worth to visit and to stay there.
It has everything you need to feel comfortable especially the beds are super good.
The rooms are nice just the bath is a bit small and the shower.
The two brothers who runs the place are very nice and do everything to make you feel welcome.
Very close and easy walk to the supermarket and the to the city center.
I can recommend everyone to stay there and the mix of people if it's families, couples or single travellers is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2013

So there is a reason this hostal is number 1 - it really is one of the nicest places I've stayed at. This is down to the three brothers from Buenos Aires and the way they run the place. The bed was comfortable, shower was powerful and hot, breakfast was fresh with good quality juice and the place was spotless. Even the communal kitchen was very well kept and there was a computer in the common area for people to use. The place is constantly cleaned to the highest of standards.

Ariel sat down with me on my first day and went through what there is to see and do. Everyday when I returned from the tours, whichever brother was on duty would ask me how my day was. They genuinely want to see their guests happy and give everyone their personal attention. I really felt I was at a home away from home there and was actually quite sad to leave. Location was good too and only a 5 - 10 minute walk from the main square in Salta. To get there from the bus station I was also fine walking there - about a 15 minute walk. There is also a nice nice cream place that is open till late right opposite and a huge supermarket about a 5 minute walk away. Wifi wasnt working when I arrived but they did what they could to fix it and it was up and running within a couple of days.

I really cant fault this place and whilst I was staying in a private room, the place was so sociable that it was so easy to meet people. I made some good friends whilst I was staying there - the guests they receive are pleasant like minded nice travellers. Do not hesitate and look no further - you will love this place.

The other places I stayed at in my trip where I would also recommend without any hesitation are the ones where I have awarded 5 stars. If someone had recommended these places to me I would have saved a lot of time researching so I'd be more than happy to help future travellers. I had a great trip to South America and these places were the best I stayed. If you would like any info or have any questions, please let me know.

PS the email address for La Posta is - hostallaposta@gmail.com.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ninsc
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Good location, helpful staff, cleaned very thoroughly every day. Salta can be humid at this time of year so fans in rooms help. Good internet connection. Good recommendations for local services. Relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank L N
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It has been a while since I have stayed in a hostel (depending on whether you think 20 years is a while), so I do not have much to compare La Posta with except the boutique hotels where I usually stay. But I have no complaints. My friend and I stayed in a private room with a queen bed and a set of bunk beds and private bath, at the very back of the hostel (#8), and it was clean and convenient. Breakfast was basic, but I agree with a previous reviewer that this is the best coffee I have had in Argentina, and I have travelled here regularly for business over the past two years. Ariel, our host, was *extremely* helpful. Cost about $40 USD a night for the room, which I gather is a little on the pricey side, but worth it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarnabyJ
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in the lovely Salta in a Double room with private bathroom. This place is a good mix with some dorm rooms and 3 private rooms at the back which make for a good sleep. Suprisingly they even had cable tv in the private rooms. Bathrooms are small but more than adequate to use.
Breakfeast is freshly made and served by the owners, typical Argetinian with croissants and coffee. There is cooking facilities, with a supermarket located close by. Short walk to bus station and the centre of town.
If bored one night there is even a Hoyts cinema about 20 minute walk that shows movies in English with Spanish subtitles.
Great place with friendly owners and a even better town to stop off at.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rickpresti
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere, nice Breakfast, friendly owners with helpful advice. Easy to reach, Internet, Rooms clean, with lockers. One room a little too warm. Nice patio for breakfast and siesta. Two dorms and also private double rooms.
Next time again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place was good although up there in price for a private room with the smallest private bathroom I've ever experienced!

Christian was really great and answered tons of questions for us. It definitely did the trick for the night. The courtyard is inviting, internet quick, people friendly... I think that is all you need in a hostal!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple