“Lovely hotel and very central”

Design Suites Salta
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Salta
Kildare
“Lovely hotel and very central”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel is very elegant and trendy with spacious rooms and a quirky feel. Would love to have stayed in the suites as they are in the older part. There is a roof pool but unfortunately the roof jacuzzi wasn't working - our room did come with a jacuzzi batch. The hotel is very central, about 2 blocks from the main square and there are tons of lovely restaurants and cafe's nearby. The staff were friendly and helpful when required and the only problem I had was with the aircon in our room, which was extremely loud and pointing right at the bed.

Room Tip: The suites looked lovely!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boxco
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Salta, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us!
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered in your room.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was really disappointed with this hotel. Having read the most recent review, I was pleased when I saw Guillermo on my arrival at the front desk. Unfortunately he wasn´t as pleased to see me apparently as I waited over 5 mins to be served, there was no one else there. I was served by one of his colleagues and was told that I would have to wait until 3 pm to check in.
No issues there, until I asked if I could use the pool in the meantime. He checked with Guillermo and eventually decided that he would allow it, this once. From then on my 2 night stay was pretty poor as far as service is concerned.
I am travelling around Argentina and so have a rucksack with me rather than a standard suitcase. However, it is all contained and looks like a smart soft shell holdall. I arrived in smart clothes and speak almost fluent Spanish so I was completely shocked by the treatment that I recieved.
When I got back to the hotel at about 2pm I could see that alot of the rooms were ready, but they made me wait until gone 3pm. When another family was shown to their room I asked about mine and was told that they had been taken to see the pool etc, not their room. A quick question to them later proved that that was a complete lie. Not something that I appreciate, especially when I am the guest.
I was given a room with a lovely view of the plaza but as is often the case I didn´t look up at the ceiling until I was going to bed the first night. It was plain concrete with no paint or finishings. On closer inspection, so was alot of the floor that I was on, the 7th.
On the morning of my checkout, I was taking an excursion quite early, leaving at 7.30am so needed to checkout early. That was fine but they insisted on going up to my room to check it all before allowing me to checkout. Something that did not happen to the next 3 guests that checked out straight after me!
All in all I would never be able to recommend this hotel due to the complete lack of professionalism or courtesy shown by the staff.
It´s a shame because it is well equipped with Internet and excellent Wifi connections on all floors. The pool area is nice when it´s not too windy and the communal areas are all spacious.
Interaction is always dependent on both parties but I would suggest that the staff at Design Suites make themselves aware that not all people who carry a rucksack are out for the cheapest of everything, nor do they always want to stay in shared accommodation. On this occasion, I can safely say that a hostal would have been a much better bet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank BillyWhizz1980
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Salta, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Guest,
We appreciate very much your comments, which help us to improve our standards of service.
We want to express our most sincere apologies for the mentioned disadvantages and regret that you have a bad impression of our hotel.
In this regard, we have acted accordingly to your comments, and want to let you know that the necessary adjustments have been successfully made.
It is important for us to keep a close relationship with our customers, which is why we appreciate your remarks.
Kind regards,
Salta, Argentina
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Our recent 2 night stay at this modern hotel was great, but the desk staff---- Guillermo in particular (they were all good, but he's top-notch) was most helpful to us. He's young, professional and knows how to get things done as well as guide you to activities in his chosen city of Salta with good advice for dinner and shows. On top of that, he's a translator for your cabbie! We needed a taxi to go out of town and the address was written in English and a bit complicated. He rewrote it in Spanish for the driver to read. The hotel itself is an easy stay, very quiet park out front with no night noise to disturb your sleep. It's also located close enough to walk to most everything in town, especially good restaurants. Don't miss the Sunday market of vendors selling lots and lots of beautiful Argentine items just down the street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Salta, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Many thanks for your kind comments!!
At Design Suites we work to achieve excellence, hence all suggestions help us to improve our aim.
We look forward to welcoming you among our guests in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois

Room Safe and frig provided
Comfortable beds and pillows

Negatives:
Thin towels
Lobby has uncomfortable sofas and armchairs
Ou room didn't have view of plaza

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Good facilities and service. One small shortcoming: there are no hooks in the toilet area to hang towels.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We found it quite exraordinary that a hotel that prides itself on being eco friendly, can promote the sale of French Evian water in the rooms. It's carbon footprint is very heavy! What's wrong with Argentinian water?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Düsseldorf
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Design Suites Salta is in a great location near to the old City Center of Salta, also the restaurant bar/nightlife strip is witin wlking distance.

The rooms are specious and decorated very modern, the same is valid for the bathroom!
The bed is comfortable, but "only" equipped with a wool blanked over a sheet, which I personally do not like so much.

The pool on the roof top offers a nice panoramic view over the city, but is prety cold. The whirlpool, also on the roof top, is filled only on request (10 min. in advance).
Staff is friendly and with prepaid internet-rates you can get quite a good deal for your money.

Recommendable!