Ayres de Salta Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthree nightsthe main squaresmall poolcentral locationfew blocksloungerscentreargentina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

stayed at this hotel in february 2013... so close to everything... great restaurants and so much to see. the hotel was very clean and the people there were so helpful... would recommend it to anyone going to Salta.... but unfortunately we were next to the lifts...STAY awaY FROM THE LIFTS.... ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF YOU ALL BLOODY NIGHT. when I spoke to them about it they said.. :oh yes many people have complained"... also be careful of wasps building their nests outside your window... but they soon fixed that... overall a great place and a great country

Room Tip: make sure you are away from the LIfts
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidays529023
AyresSalta, Gerente at Ayres de Salta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased with your opinion about Ayres de Salta Hotel.

We try every day to give the best of ourselves and I guess we are on the right way.

Do not hesitate to contact Us again if you are planning travelling one more time to Salta.

Best regards,

Erica Pita

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and as it was part of a package the hotel was chosen for us. As others have mentioned the hotel is in a very convenient location not far from the plaza and many of Salta's tourist attractions and restaurants. The rooms are very clean and a good size. The swimming pool is on the roof and has lovely views. The meals at the restaurant are top class and not expensive and again the service is faultless. At breakfast there was plenty of food and a good selection What impressed me the most was that I left my camera at the hotel and didn't realise until I had reached the airport. I made a phone call to the hotel and the staff had organised for a taxi to bring the camera to the airport. It arrived in time before my flight and the taxi did not overcharge me. Top marks to this hotel and its staff

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor are great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pauline H
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location just a few blocks away of salta's main atractions, it's medium size but very complete, has a good restaraurant, swimming pool, very helpfull staff, great room service and relatively cheap, parking lot. Modern, clean and spacious rooms. Very good choice for Salta.
The only thing I find poor, is that in the pool area there is no shadow and furniture very few loungers

Room Tip: Connected rooms are great and comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I flew to Salta and wanted somewhere in the centre to stay before moving on. This hotel was the ideal location. Its right next to the main plaza but far enough away to be quiet. Our first visit was a quick overnight stop and our return was a full 24hrs so got to make use of the facilities.

The rooms were large, beds comfortable, bathrooms were clean and fairly spacious. There is a small rooftop swimming pool and a compact gym with cardio and weights. Overall this is a very clean and modern hotel. Noise wasn't a problem although the aircon was a little loud throughout the night.

It was ideal for our needs and we were both refreshed and ready for the next legs of our holiday, which is all we could ask for.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maclad74
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on two separate nights and had different experiences both times.

The first night, I had a small room facing the road. The windows are not double glazed so you could hear the traffic all night. I could not sleep at all as it felt like i had a truck revving its engine in my ear all night. When I asked reception at 2am, red eyed and tired, if they could put me in another room, they said no.

The second time I stayed here, they gave me a suite, which was at the back of the building and huge! I had complained to my travel agent that I was very unhappy with the hotel after the first night I stayed here, so they made sure I had a better room this time around (at no extra cost). I did sleep a lot better.

Overall though, I would not recommend staying here. The rooms are quite old and need renovating, as do the hallways. Don't let the lobby and restaurant photos fool you into thinking the quality of the rooms are 4 star.

The breakfast was ok, but nothing amazing and the location is about 10 min walk into the main square.

There are nicer 4 star hotels in Salta that I would stay, which have better locations, bigger rooms and much nicer decor, and you don't need to ask for an upgrade - they just have higher quality standard rooms! Stay at Design Suites Hotel - I stayed here 2 nights and it was fantastic!!

• Stayed: September 2012