Las Terrazas Hotel Boutique
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Jatun Mayu(Tilcara)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewsbeautiful hotelone nightlocal materialsenjoyed our stayrooms are spacioussmall terracesouth americabalconytownargentinalandscapestylishedgehill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2012

What a place, I got moved seing with how much love and inspiration, with how much appreciation and respect for nature you can build a hotel. Extremely nice and helpful staff, easy and every request never has been a problem.
The only problem was that we had to realize in what a beautiful corner of the world we´ve been so that we better also would leave the hotel.
I´m a musician, traveling a lot, sometimes "living" in hotels, "Las Terrazas" went straight into my Top 5 of the world. Muchas gracias!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Unusual designed, terraced hotel with lovely views over the mountains. Extremely helpful and friendly staff throughout the hotel. Superb breakfast with all food home baked fresh each day and plentiful quantity. Comfortable seating areas inside and out.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights and loved it. I spent my birthday there and they had the nice touch of leaving a small bottle of champagne in the room.

There are no lows with this excellent place. Simply home away from home.

By the way... it does not have a restaurant but don't worry, you have plenty of very good options to eat in Tilcara

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This has been the nicest hotel we have stayed in our trip... The owner (Beatriz) is there to make sure every detail is up to her specs. The staff is wonderful, Breakfast is nice and if you want something else like eggs, empanadas, capuccino, etc. Cecilia will prepare for you (at a cost). They don't have a restaurant on prem but they sell bottles of wine and one of my favs was the Brut Champagne enough for 2 glasses.
There are steps (5 steps) to get to the lobby, the dining area (10 steps) and the rooms (another 10)... the building is like a terrace... we loved the look... but you need to know about the steps since you are in the hills and the air is thin. They do have coca tea at the dining room... interesting and helps!
The pool is small but kept warm by the sun (solar)... it's on top of the deck so it has a nice "infinity" view. Rooms are large with a nice bathroom and wonderful shower that doesn't get wet all over... good water pressure and sometimes more than what you want...all rooms have a balcony but ours had a very small view (it's far) of the mountains and the house tops of the neighborhood...
Now, speaking of the neighborhood.... I wish they could take the entire hotel and place elsewhere... the area is not nice... looks very dumpy (Tilcara is... can't find the right words but imagine dust, rocks, etc) We have been to Cafayate, San Carlos, Molinos, Cachi, Purmamarca, Humauaca and they all look a little different but about the same... I wish Tilcara looked a little better) anyways... back to the area of the hotel... it was hard for us to sleep because the dogs begin their seranade at night when you are trying to get some sleep... one starts barking, then 2 more join in and pretty soon there is a whole concert!
If you close the doors, you can still hear them... if you turn on the fan... it helps but the fan sounds like an airplane engine... if this doesn't bother you then maybe the mosquitos will not bother you as well... I didn't get a good night sleep and we stayed 2 nights at the begining of November... it was warm so I can just imagine how hot it gets... you will need a/c...or maybe 2 good bottles of wine!
Anyways... I want to take the hotel home with me... it is adorable!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be the same... they are all nice
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here of two nights -- great rooms with beautiful views

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple