“Awful!!”

Bellagio Pizzeria
Ranked #304 of 948 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bellagio Pizzeria started out as Papa Jay's Pizza in 1971 next to Arizona State University. As the east valley expanded, Papa Jay's moved with it, finally ending up on the corner of Val Vista and Baseline in Gilbert. In May 2004, Papa Jay's closed its doors, re-opening as Bellagio Pizzeria on McKellips and Greenfield in North East Mesa. The new restaurant preserved the old Italian favorites from Papa Jay's and added healthy Mediterranean options such as hummus and taboule that are made fresh daily. This new concept was such a success that in only nine short months, the original restaurant that only had seating for 42 people expanded to accommodate 124. Not willing to stop there, the bar was remodeled to expand seating for more patrons.At Bellagio we offer a full service dine-in restaurant, full bar, take-out as well as delivery. We also offer outdoor seating on our patio for you to enjoy our beautiful Arizona days and nights. If you have a big corporate or family event we also have a full catering menu.
Prescott, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place was awful! My husband and I went here because we heard it had "great greek food, best in Mesa", definitely not true!! We had to pick up and take out our food, they had it all packaged and ready for pick up...however they forgot our pita bread, sorry who makes a gyro without it?! The food was cold and the chicken was the worst, tasted like the cold grilled chicken you get out of a package at WalMart, not only that it was way too pricey for what we received, small portions of cold, nasty food. I called the manager and he said "some people like our food and some people don't, what do you want me to do for you?", not even an offer to refund our money, worst customer service ever!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jodi U

Mesa, Arizona
“Good food,reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a coupon for this place and were in the neighborhood (it is 8 miles from our home). The coupon was a "buy one get on 50% off, and since it was lunchtime, they refused the coupon unless we ordered off the dinner menu. The coupon said nothing about this. The lunch menu looked like it had some good deals on it. Fortunately, we were ready to make this our big meal of the day.

Overall, we were pleased but not overly impressed. The interior is nicely decorated -- at least as well as can be done for a strip-mall location. There is outside, covered seating. The service was good. The food was very good. My wife had a Fettucini Alfredo with shrimp (extra $4 for the shrimp, but there were 7-8 jumbo shrimp) and I had a Lavosh bread pizza (excellent; very crispy crust and very generously topped, taste was excellent). I thought the prices were a bit high, but the food was good and hat made it worth it (especially with a coupon). They also have a bar next door with a separate entrance -- i hate having to walk in to a place through the bar.

Would I recommend this place? Yes, but be aware of the prices.

by the way, the address (which TripAdvisor left off of this listing as of this writing -- shane on you) is 4545 E McKellips Rd #103. It is along McKellips at the east end of the Wal-Mart parking lot.

• Visited February 2013
AZ
“Average cheese steak”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bellagio and the Mesa Grill Co next door are owned by the same people. We went to grab a late lunch and it was full of baseball players, we stood in line for about 10 minutes until one of the workers finally told us it would be a while so we walked out. We returned another time and received poor service and it wasn't even packed. The food was average and not even worth it. My kid's ribs were not warm. My cheese steak was mediocre. Fries were okay. We won't be returning.

Visited December 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Painfully average”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had high hopes for this place. The menu looks great - pizza, pasta, and a smattering of middle eastern all in one. I clearly have not learned my lesson from previous experiences with restaurants that try to deliver a lot of different things. My thinking is that you can do a few things very well or a lot of things just OK. Bellagio Pizzeria does the latter. We sampled a variety of items from the menu, our eyes being larger than our stomachs. We started with the fried jalapeno stuffed cheese raviolis. These were good - probably the best part of the meal. For our entrees, we ordered a pepperoni pizza for our kid (and to share), a plate of spaghetti for my wife, and the marinated chicken from the middle eastern portion of the menu for myself. My wife said hers was good, but it could have used a little more sauce. As to the pizza, it was just OK. I don't know what brand of pepperonis they use (because it's a rare restaurant that makes their own pepperoni) but I've tasted it before and it just screams "Cheap!" It's like something you'd get on a slice at the mall or at a carnival. As to my dish, I didn't really care for it all that much. The chicken, despite the claim of being marinated, was rather bland. If it was grilled it was done so very lightly with very little charring (that's not a compliment, by the way). The hummus was OK, but kind of bland. If they use tahini and lemon juice in their hummus it doesn't show. This was just an exploratory trip up here to see if we would like the place. It was just OK. We will probably continue to haunt our regular pizza and middle eastern spots, Sal's and Phoenicia respectively.

• Visited April 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“Good pizza”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Good selection of italian food and on some nights belly dancers.

Visited August 2011