“Outta This World Sammich”

Papa Kelsey's Pizza & Subs
Ranked #235 of 973 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Papa Kelsey's a few times now and although the one time I had pizza it was very bland, the rest of what they had to offer made up for it. Their staff is always friendly and helpful when I go in and I have had a few different sub sandwiches that were tasty enough to keep me coming back, then I tried their Italian sub, and man it was all over with. Not only the best Italian sub I've ever had, one of the best subs I've ever had period and I am a sub fanatic! I recommend their subs to everyone and now you, too!

1  Thank Brianatrix

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We decided to try Papa Kelsey's yesterday after passing it for many years and always saying, we should try that place. We got a deal on Living Social and went for lunch. We ordered the large chees pizza and an anti pasta salad.The pizza was very good and the salad was freshly made. The restaurant was clean and had quite a few customers. Service was pretty quick also. The owner/manager came out to the customers in the restaurant and asked how everything was tasting and thanked us and all of his guests for coming in. I always like when the managers or owners come out to ask how things were. to me it shows that they care about their customers. We will definitely go back to try their calzones next!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Can't figure why this has changed so much since the sign says owners since way back when. I odered the veggie 6" and husband ordered the turkey 6". They both were overdosed with mayo and heated way too crisp that made the bread seem stale. Although I guess it was a bargain since we used our dine out book and one was free. Still and all we were disappointed that the sandwiches tasted flat and seemed overdone since we were used to the fluffy warm bread and got dry and crusty instead. Not a good experience this time around.

Andy D, Owner at Papa Kelsey's Pizza & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your experience -- please let myself or any manager know right away if you are not happy with your meal and we will do our best to make you something you love.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ate here by myself. Ordered small personal pizza. The place was busy. The order taker was very pleasant. But, I waited 35 minutes for my order. When the order came, the pizza was very good. The wait time was a big drawback. I would only go there if I had a lot of time.

I apologize for your delay in receiving your order. Feel free to call ahead, even for dine-in so your food is ready when you arrive.