“Such a change in 8 months”

Papa Kelsey's Pizza & Subs
Ranked #194 of 967 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Can't figure why this has changed so much since the sign says owners since way back when. I odered the veggie 6" and husband ordered the turkey 6". They both were overdosed with mayo and heated way too crisp that made the bread seem stale. Although I guess it was a bargain since we used our dine out book and one was free. Still and all we were disappointed that the sandwiches tasted flat and seemed overdone since we were used to the fluffy warm bread and got dry and crusty instead. Not a good experience this time around.

Andy D, Owner at Papa Kelsey's Pizza & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your experience -- please let myself or any manager know right away if you are not happy with your meal and we will do our best to make you something you love.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ate here by myself. Ordered small personal pizza. The place was busy. The order taker was very pleasant. But, I waited 35 minutes for my order. When the order came, the pizza was very good. The wait time was a big drawback. I would only go there if I had a lot of time.

I apologize for your delay in receiving your order. Feel free to call ahead, even for dine-in so your food is ready when you arrive.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I have very different tastes when it comes to pizza. He will only eat cheese pizza and I like everything on mine. So, he ordered the cheese pizza and when it was delivered, you would have thought it was a cheap store bought frozen pizza. There was no taste to the pizza at all. My teenager wouldn't even eat it. My veggie pizza came out about 15 minutes later (the cooked burned the first one). My oh my, what a difference. The crust was amazing and the entire pizza had tons of flavor. The only reason we can guess for the difference is that they considered my pizza as "gourmet" and charged me extra. As for the service, it was okay. I wasn't very happy with having to wait such a long time for my pizza. The only reason we know the first one was burnt was because the cashier was yelling at the cook that it was burning. I can't imagine we would ever go back to this place.

Thank you for letting me know what went well with your experience as well as those areas we need to work on. We hope to see you again.