“Terrible service unauthentic food!”

El Charro Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #137 of 980 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We are used to the El Charro in Tucson and this place has food which is horrible and nothing like the El Charro in Tucson! Not to mention service by a person who appears to want nothing to do with being in the service industry! Do not bother trying to take home anything or ordering for takeout since they do not provide you with sufficient containers for takeout. We were in Mesa for a dance competition and I sent my husband and oldest daughter to get our lunch. When he told me where he was, I asked for a carne asada taco but guess what? They don't offer carne asada tacos! They also don't offer cheese crisps which is what my youngest would have liked. Needless to say, I would rather go to subway than ever try to dine here again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a great meal and the view of the Camelback Mountains is pretty spectacular. Nice outside bar area to enjoy the view as well.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have been going here since I was a little girl. The food is fabulous -- what I compare mexican food to anywhere else I travel. Family owned, great service. It's a "must stop" whenever we visit Arizona. The green chili burro enchilada style is incredible.

1  Thank mrscold
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This restaurant is the benchmark against which all mexican food is measured. I usually go with the standard #1 with a soft corn taco. Where else do you get to eat such delicious fare with Sarsaparilla as opposed to the more mainstream sodas. Most of all the salsa and chips are beyond good. I used to eat them as a boy before a basketball game or a baseball game, knowing full well that I was going to feel the salsa boil within me as I ran. One cannot help oneself but to significantly overeat.

Don't forget to buy a York Peppermint Patty on the way out the door.

2  Thank MarshallKColeman
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I really enjoyed eating at this resturant and the service was great, the quality of the resturant was awesome. i would recommend this resturant to everyone i know

2  Thank Lasandra Q