“Great atmosphere and good food”

Charleston's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 941 Restaurants in Mesa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Two young ladies with menus hold the doors so you can enter, but don't immediately follow you in. I wondered, should we seat ourselves? Then they come in and take you to your table. Different...

Server Gary was at the table immediately asking about drinks and telling us about specials and making food recommendations. He provided great service and was nice and friendly.

I ordered Parmesan crusted chicken with marinara on angel hair pasta with a side of coleslaw. The chicken was nice and crusty on the outside and tender on the inside with good flavor. Nothing special with the pasta. I am not usually a coleslaw fan, but it was good. Some bread would have been nice with this dinner.

Mom had the Reuben sandwich and coleslaw. She was very impressed with the sandwich but thought the slaw was just OK.

Finished with key lime pie. It looks like it is about a sixth of the pie, very large. More than enough for two people to share. I must say, it was excellent! Be sure to try it!

The atmosphere was upscale. Beautiful wood tables and nicely upholstered seats. Overall the interior is dark, but the tables are well lit. The music really didn't seem to match the restaurant, it just had the wrong feel.

Mesa, Arizona
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to lunch with one of my best friends today and had an enjoyable time. To my surprise, the restaurant was packed. One of my favorite soups is Potato and it was so tasty. I had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich served with french fries. It was platted very well and it certainly was a tasty meal.

• Visited September 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My and I, along with two of our friends, were attending a play at the Hale Theater. We decided to mhusband eet early for dinner. Our friends recommended this restaurant, located about 1/2 mile from the Hale Theater, and said it was one of their favorites.

I was pleasantly surprised at the whole experience at Charleston's. We were seated immediately and a server came by to take our drink order. I think we all ordered iced tea, and I noticed that they kept an eye on us and refilled our glasses just before they were empty throughout our entire meal. (That was particularly nice since it was such a hot day here in Phoenix!)

I ordered the chicken piccata and loved it. My husband (usually a steak man) ordered their pork chops. They were both excellent.... too much to eat at one sitting, but great for lunch the next day! Plus, we ordered their croissants (5 for $4.oo), What a treat. These delicious morsels just melt in your mouth!

I enjoyed this restaurant so much that when my friend from Buffalo visited me last week, I suggested this restaurant. She ordered the grilled salmon and loved it, too!

This restaurant is convenient to get to... about 20 minute from the Phoenix Skyharbor Airport, and just off of the 60 Freeway at Stapley.

I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
Elwood, Illinois
“Charleston's Restaurant mmmmmm good”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch on a Saturday. The atmosphere was very nice with music playing in the background. It was more like contemporary music but it was playing softly in the background. The restaurant was very clean fand friendly. It was not busy when we arrived but got busy while we were there. Our server was fantastic. He was very attentive and friendly. Our drinks kept coming so we were never in need. Our food was amazing. We had to try the potato soup and it was delicious. Others had the chicken and ribs combo, chicken, and prime rib. All were great and we had left overs to take back to our resort. Our server also offered information on the area. He even gave us a card and would have taken us up Camelback Mountain if we needed a guide.
I would recommend this restaurant to kick off or end your trip to celebrate.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank gillihan989
Mesa , AZ USA
“Don't go for the food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The restaurant is very nice, it has a great ambient and the staff is absolutely FANTASTIC .. But you will be disappointed with the food . It's not worth it .

• Visited August 2013