“Perfect meal, perfect service--amazing place to eat!”

Charleston's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 995 Restaurants in Mesa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Charleston's has always had a great menu and great tasting food. This Mesa location has the most amazing staff I have ever had the pleasure of being cared for by. Love their policy of bringing a refill of drinks when they see Your glass is half full. Their refill policy is to bring a second filled glass and place it on the table for You to have at the ready. By the time we left after a leisurely 90 minute lunch, we had gone through half a dozen glasses of ice tea each.

The policy seems to be that each staff member scans tables as they go by, and if they see half full glasses, they return with a fresh beverage even when it isn't their table. This is a policy to cherish in the Valley of the Sun on a warm day.

Next item to praise is their bread pudding. Hot, moist, perfectly sauced. A substantial portion. This dessert is so delicious that I would recommend coming in just for this dessert.

I love how they serve their Reuben. Corned beef (plenty of it!), a big pile of drained sour kraut, swiss cheese......and a saucer of thousand island dressing to dip into. This is one Reuben You can eat and not worry about dripping all over Yourself. My sandwich was big enough that half satisfied me at the restaurant and i got to bring the other half home.

Usual sides of slaw or fries. I mentioned to my server that I would have loved to try their Okra, and she made that my side with no additional charge. The Okra was deep fried, crisp and hot. Most impressive, it was so well drained that it seemed grease-less.

So, i enjoyed the perfect lunch with perfect service. My family opted for salads, soups and bread pudding. Everyone reported their meals to be perfect. My wife mentioned that the baked potato was well worth recommending. How about that--baked potato for lunch!

Comfortable table. Comfortable temperature. Delicious food. Great service. i believe we may have found the ultimate place to eat out! Bravo!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Unbelievable. Every time I am in town I make it a point to stop here. Nevr dissapointed.I had an outstanding pot roast dinner that is only second to my mothers pot roast. Very healthy sized portions, very fair prices, food cooked to perfection. Service wise we sat on patio and not one time did I have to ask for a refill on drinks, wait staff made it a point to be engaging yet respectful. I truly dont know why I bother going anywhere else...

1  Thank GulfcoastDon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have never had a sub-par experience. We have ordered most menu options and have enjoyed them all. With the BARBEQUE BABY BACK RIBS being the best taste and value. This full rack plate is big enough to share between 2-3 persons. On this trip with friends we ordered- 1) The appetizer SHRIMP CARGOT-IN HERB GARLIC BUTTER, TOPPED WITH HAVARTI CHEESE- very tasty. 2) the 14oz ROASTED PRIME RIB for myself and it was tender and flavorful, I would order again. 3) WALT’S CHAMPAGNE CHICKEN SALAD-a favorite my wife and I share (a few bites) instead of ordering a separate dinner salad for myself. 4) Our friends ordered the RIBS for her and the CENTER-CUT FILET for him. He said that this filet was gristley and would try another menu item next time. They both love this restaurant too. Besides the food, we were in on a Saturday evening about 6pm as the rush was just beginning. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks. We were given top notched service here and at our table as we've come to expect. We had maybe a 20-30min wait, but the conversation with friends makes it go by fast. We've never been disappointed here with a dinner date, meal with children or a larger family special occasion.

3  Thank pauljaz1
Reviewed January 11, 2013

You can not go wrong with Charleston's. My favorite place to dine. Small menu but the food is always good. Most AMAZING key lime pie. Has a nut crust that is out of this world. I love the Salmon dish.

1  Thank ParkerTrucking
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After having visited the Omaha location we came here while on vacation and were absolutely delighted with our experience. After being warmly greeted by the hostess we were shown to our comfy booth and ordered drinks. I had an amazing peach bellini (reminded me of Venice, Italy!) and my husband ordered one of the many beers on tap. We ordered the spinach/artichoke dip as an appetizer (which I would highly recommend) followed by our entrees (I ordered the chicken pasta per the waitress' recommendation and my husband had the ribs). We finished our meal with bread pudding which my husband said was amazing (I was too full to eat another bite). Our waitress, Jordan, did an excellent job, she was extremely knowledgeable in regards to the menu content and very friendly. We were also welcomed by the manager at this location, Bryce, who was friendly, attentive, and took great interest in our overall satisfaction. Overall I would highly recommend visiting this Charleston's in particular. Not only for the food and atmosphere but more importantly for the kind and attentive staff (and manager) that you can expect when you walk through the door.

3  Thank M H