“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Staff at motel recommended Oregano's. Great choice for italian food.

There are newer reviews for Oregano's Pizza Bistro

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went to Oregano's on South Dobson road. Ordered 14 wings, a thin crust pizza (forget which), and a pizza cookie.

The wings were quite a large portion, and large in size despite being a bit overcooked. They were okay. 6/10. 10/10 in portion size, 8/10 in flavour, but 3/10 in how they were cooked.

The pizza on the other hand was disgusting. My girlfriend had a bite and said it was the greasiest grossest thing she ever had. After I finished my wing, I grabbed a slice. I took one bite, and that was it. It tasted like pure olive oil. Very disgusting.

When the waitress asked if we wanted anything boxed up, we said no. I said he didn't like the pizza, and it tasted like pure oil. That was that. Got a bad meal, big deal.

However, the waitress told the Manager, and the Manager came out and apologized. She said she could clearly see the pizza was not made right, and it looked disgusting. She took it off the bill which was quite nice.

Then a week later, I was looking over my credit card bill to make sure the check sums I put into my restaurant transactions added up. This one didn't. Sure enough my receipt and the charge don't match. Despite leaving a 31% tip, The waitress (who was actually very nice) decided to tip fraud me. It was less than a $1, so big deal... but what a mess of an experience.

Kristen H, Guest Relations Manager at Oregano's Pizza Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Chris,

My name is Kristen and I handle Guest Relations for Oregano's Pizza Bistro. Thank you for writing, without your feedback we can't get better at what we do. I am very sorry your visit with us did not go better. While I am pleased that you had a great server and she got a manager involved, I am disappointed to hear about the tip adjustment. Please know that we take these matters very seriously and would like to research this further so we can make this right. Please contact me at guestservices@oreganos.com so we can discuss this further. Thank you Chris!

Kristen Meren
Oregano's Pizza Bistro

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a local chain with several in the Phoenix area. We went to the one in Mesa. Being from Chicago on vacation I can say that the thin crust while very good pizza is a bit thinner than thin crust in Chicago. That's just a personal technicality and pizza is a very subjective thing. We did enjoy it as we also enjoyed the BOOM dip. Service was great. It's set up like an old sit down pizza joint from 50's Chicago. Like a neighborhood place with an Arizona twist on the outside dining areas. Very good place.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

When is the last time You walked into a restaurant and had 4 different staff members welcome You to their establishment? Within the first minute of entry, 1 cook and 3 of the waitstaff welcomed us cheerily before we were escorted to our table. Just had a feeling that with so many staff being so welcoming (and happy at their jobs) that we would have a good experience.

It was more than just a good experience. It was exceptional! From the Passion Fruit Ice Tea to the very well constructed, very cold salad to our luncheon selections, everything here worked and worked well.

Drinks arrived within 2 minutes of ordering. When the salad arrived (as asked for) ahead of the entrees, it was impressive. Crisp lettuce, ripe tomato, sweet onion, pepperoncinis, croutons and grated parm cheese. Bleu cheese dressing was very tasty and an ample serving.

Tried the Italian Stuffed Jr. sandwich as full size sounded a little too large. This was still a very large sandwich and a challenge to finish for a hungry man. Three meats--capicolla, salami and pepperoni baked in a home made Italian roll with provolone cheese. Finished off with lettuce, tomato, onions, green pepper, black olives and Italian dressing. Wow! i paid an extra dollar to try their sweet potato fries. Especially wonderful, topped with a hint of cinnamon and sugar with a dash of Cayenne. Came with a very nice aiole sauce for dipping.

My wife had the Lawrence's Stuffed 'Shrooms. Two portobello mushrooms stuffed with their Italian sausage, marinara, basil, 4 cheeses, Romano tomatoes and cilantro. It was a very attractive presentation and so delicious! Normally i get a larger share of her selection when we dine out--no such luck with this dish. She really loved it!

Everything was done right, from the perfect texture and toastiness of the Italian roll to the flavor of the sauce for the fries. Great service. Fun interior. Nicely air conditioned (93 degree day). And best of all......bill just a bit over $20.

We have been to two different Oregano's in the valley. Food is always well presented and delicious. Staffs always seem to be enthusiastic and well trained. We will remember this Oregano's and revisit soon. We give them our highest recommendation!!!!!!!!

1  Thank tuc7k
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Obviously a hot spot - we visited on a Tuesday night and it was hopping. Fun atmosphere - kind of Bucco De Beppo via Pizza. We liked the food - I would say it was about average. Not spectacular or especially memorable, but okay. The noise and service were not good. Had to get up to ask for plates, napkins and utencils, more than once.