“If you are not on a top floor, plan on not sleeping at night”

Budget Suites of America - Mesa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mesa
Budget Suites of America - Mesa
Ranked #36 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Mesa, Arizona
“If you are not on a top floor, plan on not sleeping at night”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I paid nearly $300 for a one-week stay and got no sleep. Someone upstairs from Room #264 has serious mental health issues. They pace across the floor all night until after 10 pm and then crank it up again around 6 am and they keep it up for most of the morning and afternoon. They constantly pace, run, stomp on the floor and drag and drop chairs across it morning noon and night. If you report it to the management, they don't do anything about it except pay a cursory visit, at which time the noise stops. It almost leads you to believe that they know who is doing it, but calls and tells them to be quiet for a few minutes - because it cranked up again after the guy left. They also sent the "manager" over, who was really just the maintenance guy, who promised me an upstairs room away from the noise - but then the morning that I wanted to move into the upstairs room, they said none of the managers promised me an upstairs room, told me to "describe" him and then said I could move up there for an additional $75 fee. I moved out and went to where I could get an upstairs room without paying an additional fee. If you can't sleep all night, it's not worth paying that kind of money for. The mattress and carpet was also very filthy and made my skin crawl. I finally had to have them take the mattress out because my skin broke out in hives looking at it. I covered the sofa in plastic mattress wrap and bought a cover spread so I wouldn't have to spend the nights sitting up, sleeping in chairs AND listening to the stomping, running, rolling and chair-dragging above.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank marjani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Place initially sounds great. 865 per month plus .8 percent tax. Great so far. Now for the fun part. Add internet 20/month, add microwave 20/month, add linens 120/month, add flat screen TV 20/month ,coffee pot 5/month, add toaster 5/month. Now NO cutlery, dishes pots or pans are available period, so plan a trip to Walmart. So your great 865 adds up to another 210 per month or 1075/month plus tax. I figured the 20" old tube TV was OK so opted out of that. Now for the fun. The TV in the room is so bad its unwatchable, seems to be a great way to up sell the flat screen. Reported my discontent with the front desk, no action yet. The microwave works for about 30 seconds then quits. Took 15 minutes to do a TV dinner, then quit completely. The guy at the fronts says, "Gee we don't have any more, but I will see if I can pull one out of my....well you know. Still haven't seen one, likely won't.
Now for the suite. Its a one bedroom one bath with combined living room kitchen with table. Adequate size for what it was intended for, mostly a place to sleep as I am retired on a month or two stay. I would compare the suite to a one star hotel. Bed is queen size, so firm Fred Flintstone would love it, but it was clean. Has a large closet, dresser, and end table/lamp. Combined living area has chesterfield, again so uncomfortable you had to get up every half hour or so. Fridge was good and clean, stove looked pretty well unused. I am not buying all the cooking supplies to cook so I suppose that is status quo, the microwave is doing all the cooking (sooner or later).
And also a BIG suggestion; if you get a quote from them MAKE SURE everything is in writing so what you think you are getting is what they think they are giving. This was a cluster for me, but its a he said she said scenario not worth going into. Parking is free and there is onsite security 24x7. Office is open daily till midnight, which is a good thing.
At the end of the day, if you need nothing but a place to crash for 865 a month its probably a good value, but if you want a place to actually live in and cook in count on 1100 per month. I have found since that you can do WAY better for less without all the gotchya's.
I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone I liked.
By the time my month is up I will have found something much better for much less.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Gerall
J'ville, FL
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I moved in 2004 to take a job in the Valley, and due to a prior committment for the Cub's Spring training, was booted out of the hotel I had been staying in. I found this place, and ended up staying there until I moved in April of 2007. The staff were always helpful and friendly, the location was pretty central as far as shopping and entertainment went, andt he price was reasnoable. They had recently replaced all the washers in the laundry room with larger capacity front loaders, which was great! The property was always clean, management tolerated no misbehavior on the parts of the tenants....problem folks were removed from the property in a relatively short amount of time.

When I return to visit in AZ, I will definitely keep this place in mind to stay in!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank AZTOFL
north phoenix
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Probably the best deal ever! I have twice needed the services of Budget Suites, and both times, my expectations have not only been met, but exceeded. I used to think that Budget Suites was simply an extended stay hotel, but it is so much more. When I first move to Arizona, I needed a long term housing option while I found work and a new home. I gave Budget Suites a try. Everything is included! It literally had all the comforts of home without all the additional expenses. They have full kitchens, FREE cable, FREE internet, and FREE utilities. . .and the room rates rival any apartment complex. No leases, No security deposit and no hassle. I recommend their services to everyone!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank greek01
wyoming
Reviewed February 12, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in June of 2001 and we pleased with it. I would stay here again. 2 years after we stayed at this hotel we came back to Mesa and stayed at the suburban lodge and had the worst Hotel expierence I had ever had with a hotel. I would highly recommend staying here over the suburban logde which offers the same facilites and is only about a 5 mile difference. but the customer service is a whole lot better at this hotel.

• Liked — I was able to stay there with without any problems
  • Disliked — sofa bed could have been more comfortable
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank freckles1Wyoming
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2003

Right in the heart of Mesa.Friendly Staff, helped me with all of my requests.Great Prices- it fit my Budget, which was important to me.Had nice one bedroom suite with all of the amenities I wanted such as Cable TV with HBO, pool, which we used daily, Laundry on site, which helped come home with clean clothesI have relatives in town and it was great to not be charged for each of those extra phone calls!I was a great place to stay. We highly recommend it to everyone!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member