WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Mesa
Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
jimcrow21
“Great service, very well furnished room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2008

So I booked a night with this hotel through Hotwire's mystery hotel special. I honestly didn't know what the hotel would be until after I paid and I have to say that I had some reservations about staying at an Extended Stay hotel once I found out where I was staying. I would have to say that I really jumped to my conclusion too quickly.

Got there really late but the person who was there at 3AM was very curteous. Once I got into my room I was suprised to see everything pretty clean (save for the coffee machine dispensor). There was a smokey smell to the elevator and the tenants aren't exactly the kindest looking people but what do you expect, its an extended stay hotel.

One of the things I didn't like was the fact that I requested two double beds (they weren't obligated to give me this room I guess per Hotwire's booking agreement) but was not notified that they switched me over to a single bed room. I had to call the day of my trip to find out the bad news but was told they would try to accomodate me with extra blankets and pillows. Service was very kind checking in and out.

So I'd say if you're paying less than $65 a night for a room here, its not too bad but I'm sure I wouldn't pay anything more than that. Overall a very good, clean, a nice experience with these guys and for the right price definitely a great stay for less than a week in Mesa, AZ.

• Liked — Courteous customer service
  • Disliked — Would not give me my double bed room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank jimcrow21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NoCal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

Got this place via Priceline for $40 one night plus fees and taxes which equals $57, still below their listed peak Spring Training rates. Basic Extended Stay with a Fry's supermarket across the street and a Walgreens drugstore too. The Fry's has anything you want. Basic stuff like stove, fridge and microwave. AC was kinda loud, but aren't they most of the time with a low end place? Place was clean and no riff rafty types standing at the street corner nor staying at the place. Had cooking odors on the floor in the evening, but what do you expect, it's an Extended Stay.

• Liked — the Fry's supermarket across the street
  • Disliked — noisy AC
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business