“Great Place for the Price!”

Super 8 Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert Road
Ranked #35 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here on May 26th. I have stayed here once in the past, and was very satisfied that time as well. My room had a very comfortable king size bed, microwave, refrigerator, big flat screen tv, and the room was very clean. The breakfast was very basic, cereal, toast, bagels, beverages, but it was good enough to get me back on the road satisfied. My only issue was with the free internet. I attempted to log on at 12:30 am and it wouldn't connect. In the morning, I tried again and it went straight through. When I asked, the desk had indicated they were considering changing their provider. The hotel is right off of the freeway @ Gilbert Rd. and sets back behind a car wash/gas station, which I also found to be very convenient. No restaurant in walking distance, and I don't know if there was a fitness room. It was great for the price!!! I definately will stay here again.

Room Tip: I alway ask for the lower level, much easier to navigate with luggage.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 25, 2012

It is an excellent motel. Did have a little problem finding it. It sets back off the main street and only a little sign anong others at the entrance. Their is a car wash in front of the motel. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked this Super 8 by mistake on the internet. I thought I was getting a different Super 8. It was the best mistake I have ever made. It is on the freeway and I was afraid it would be loud. It was quiet, clean and very comfortable. They actually had handicapped rooms with two double beds in it. The employees were friendly and made us feel right at home. This has not always been our experience with Super 8 motels. However I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JudyH432
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pleasantly surprised here. Good service, clean rooms and pool. Total price $80 for family of five with continental breakfast included.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EIZABETHTucson
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If not for my whole soccer team staying here I would have just checked out the same day I checked in and find another place to stay. The front desk staff was the only thing good that I saw with this place. I got in Mesa around 6 pm after a long 6 hour drive and I wanted to take a shower right away. My 10 yr old daughter's reaction when she went to the bathroom was, "Daddy, I think someone already used this towel". They were so old and thin that I couldnt tell the difference between the towel the provided for the floor and the actual bath towel. the room didnt smell clean... It wasnt stinky but it just didnt have that clean smell. My room was located towards the end by the stairs and I can smell the smoking rooms on the 3rd floor. the free continental breakfast that was provided was not too impressive. Coffee was all out by 6 am and didnt get refilled right away.

The pool was nice and warm, but might need some resurfacing. We had a lot of kids with blisters from the srface that was a bit too rough. Kids still had a blast playing around. Pool towels seemed better than the ones provided in the rooms. I really cant say I would come back here. Spend an extra $20 and you might get a cleaner room elsewhere.

Travel tips for this place.. There's a Target store about 2 miles down. A Denny's for breakfast around 3 miles and an excellent mesican restaurant less than a block away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when we go to the Phoenix area. I have stayed here probably 20 different times in the last 12 years. Many of my friends from the area are in Mesa so the location suits us perfect. It is right on the edge of the "Traffic" zone so unless you have to head downtown at rush hour you stay away from all the traffic. When I have something downtown I stay somewhere else. This hotel is great for my family. They have some suites that have two queen beds and a sofa bed. But the room is like two rooms with the center wall missing, so lots of space and very comfortable for my family of 7 (don't tell them about the extra 1). The pool is small but fun for the kids. Downtown mesa is only a few minutes away. I play basketball at a church a few miles one way and a company I do business with is a few miles the other way. The hotel always has good internet and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is getting older, when we first starting staying there it was brand new (or felt that way). There is a Native New Yorker across the street (love the wings) and all sorts of restaurants within a mile or two. I always stay here with my family and even by myself on business if my business is in the east valley. Great place and kind of a tradition for our family vacations to Phoenix/Mesa. This Super 8 is probably the reason I usually seek out Super 8 hotels when I am in unfamiliar places.

There is a car wash and while I sleep deeply and usually get up and leave early so it doesn't bother me, my associate on one trip was extremely annoyed once they fired up the vacuums and such. The rooms on the east side would be must vulnerable to that inconvenience. The suites are on the other end of the hotel and rooms on that, the west side are the safest bet.

Room Tip: East side is near car wash. Ask for room on south wing toward west end of that wing to be safe.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David M
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very nice amenities and I hope to stay again!! Great staff, clean, convenient to the Gilbert/Mesa/Tempe area. Heated pool and hottub too! Great price as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo