“Great experience”

Super 8 Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert Road
Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked this Super 8 by mistake on the internet. I thought I was getting a different Super 8. It was the best mistake I have ever made. It is on the freeway and I was afraid it would be loud. It was quiet, clean and very comfortable. They actually had handicapped rooms with two double beds in it. The employees were friendly and made us feel right at home. This has not always been our experience with Super 8 motels. However I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JudyH432
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert Road

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pleasantly surprised here. Good service, clean rooms and pool. Total price $80 for family of five with continental breakfast included.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EIZABETHTucson
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If not for my whole soccer team staying here I would have just checked out the same day I checked in and find another place to stay. The front desk staff was the only thing good that I saw with this place. I got in Mesa around 6 pm after a long 6 hour drive and I wanted to take a shower right away. My 10 yr old daughter's reaction when she went to the bathroom was, "Daddy, I think someone already used this towel". They were so old and thin that I couldnt tell the difference between the towel the provided for the floor and the actual bath towel. the room didnt smell clean... It wasnt stinky but it just didnt have that clean smell. My room was located towards the end by the stairs and I can smell the smoking rooms on the 3rd floor. the free continental breakfast that was provided was not too impressive. Coffee was all out by 6 am and didnt get refilled right away.

The pool was nice and warm, but might need some resurfacing. We had a lot of kids with blisters from the srface that was a bit too rough. Kids still had a blast playing around. Pool towels seemed better than the ones provided in the rooms. I really cant say I would come back here. Spend an extra $20 and you might get a cleaner room elsewhere.

Travel tips for this place.. There's a Target store about 2 miles down. A Denny's for breakfast around 3 miles and an excellent mesican restaurant less than a block away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when we go to the Phoenix area. I have stayed here probably 20 different times in the last 12 years. Many of my friends from the area are in Mesa so the location suits us perfect. It is right on the edge of the "Traffic" zone so unless you have to head downtown at rush hour you stay away from all the traffic. When I have something downtown I stay somewhere else. This hotel is great for my family. They have some suites that have two queen beds and a sofa bed. But the room is like two rooms with the center wall missing, so lots of space and very comfortable for my family of 7 (don't tell them about the extra 1). The pool is small but fun for the kids. Downtown mesa is only a few minutes away. I play basketball at a church a few miles one way and a company I do business with is a few miles the other way. The hotel always has good internet and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is getting older, when we first starting staying there it was brand new (or felt that way). There is a Native New Yorker across the street (love the wings) and all sorts of restaurants within a mile or two. I always stay here with my family and even by myself on business if my business is in the east valley. Great place and kind of a tradition for our family vacations to Phoenix/Mesa. This Super 8 is probably the reason I usually seek out Super 8 hotels when I am in unfamiliar places.

There is a car wash and while I sleep deeply and usually get up and leave early so it doesn't bother me, my associate on one trip was extremely annoyed once they fired up the vacuums and such. The rooms on the east side would be must vulnerable to that inconvenience. The suites are on the other end of the hotel and rooms on that, the west side are the safest bet.

Room Tip: East side is near car wash. Ask for room on south wing toward west end of that wing to be safe.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David M
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very nice amenities and I hope to stay again!! Great staff, clean, convenient to the Gilbert/Mesa/Tempe area. Heated pool and hottub too! Great price as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Found this place through the American Legion site. We were looking for a nice place to stay after a long hot day at the Arizona Renaissance Festival, watching the antics of the Tortuga Twins, Ded Bob, Barely Balanced, and listening to the wonderful music of Tartanic and Cast in Bronze!!! =-)
This place is wonderful!!! The room was large and the kings sized bed so comfortable that its like sleeping on a cloud!!! Clean, crisp, cool sheets, and comfortable pillows. Flat screen TV with a beautiful picture and the AC works so well that you can hang a side of beef in the room. The bathroom is spotless!!! The pool was just what we needed after a long hot day and then a little time in the jacuzzi!!!
Kush, the young man that checked us in was nice and so polite, he welcomed with such a smile! Carol who worked the night shift was wonderful as well!!!
We got this room at a great value through the American Legion and consider it a steal for the price!!! If you are looking for a nice, quiet, CLEAN, and COMORTABLE place to stay for a bargain price, then look no further, this is the place to go!!! It is also close to many choices of restaurants! Will definately come back to this place for the next Renaissance!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom floor are closer to the pool!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel, and we were quite satisfied with our stay. We traveled to the Phoenix area with my in-laws, and we just needed a decent place to stay overnight near where they were staying with friends. The room was very clean and was made up nicely each day while we were gone. While we were there they were putting new furniture in the rooms, so one day when we came back we had new furnishings!
The hotel was very quiet in the evenings, and there was a nice flat screen tv on the wall. The morning "breakfast" was not particularly wonderful, but it was as advertised. The seating area was very small, and after 7am seemed quite busy.
This is not a five star hotel by any means, nor does it pretend to be anything other than what it is. It's a quiet, clean place to spend the night for a reasonable rate. The front desk folks were friendly and efficient, and as we were leaving this morning before 6am, the front desk lady offered me coffee even though it was too early for breakfast. There's a computer in the lobby for people to use, and since we didn't have our laptop with us this trip that proved helpful.
One other thing that we appreciated was that the parking lot was well-lit at night and the area and hotel seemed very safe for travelers. There are a number of places to eat nearby on Gilbert Road, but not really anything within walking distance. The hotel is right off the interstate and was easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple