“Good Rating for a Mid -priced Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Rating for a Mid -priced Hotel”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Day 5; 4th La Quinta Inn on this trip for us and I 'd have to say this is my favorite so far. The outdoor pool and garden area is a real plus. Breakfast is fairly typical but I appreciated that this one serves yogurt and mixed fruit. Traveling with 2 dogs means we have to be sure to find places we can take them and it is so great that we could line up our whole trip with La Quinta reservations and there is no charge for the dogs. Staff were courteous, friendly, and helpful. Since we are staying in the Phoenix area 6 days it was great to use the clean self laundry room. If I were to mention any negatives I would have to say that we could hear voices from the next room very clearly, there was no chair in the laundry room so we left our clothes washing while we waited outside and had to keep going back often to be sure the cycle wasn't over. My disappointment over not having a sofa but rather a recliner was further heightened when I sat in it and felt how incredibly uncomfortable it was. And this is the first La Quinta we have stayed at which didn't keep the coffee and tea available after the breakfast hours. Frankly that didn't bother us - I was more grateful that they had ice water available, but I know it might bother others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lvcavs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Presho, South Dakota
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I relied on past trip advisor reviews to book this hotel and was not disappointed. Room was clean and comfortable, price was very reasonable. Public areas, including the laundry room, were clean and easy to utilize. Access was great to and from hotel to sites around Phoenix. I would stay here again and recommend the place to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johanna568
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After arriving in the Phoenix airport I took the SuperShuttle for $17 to the hotel in Mesa West. I was pleasantly surprised to see that in walking distance there was a mall, Mimi's café , Red Lobster, In and Out Burger Dutch Bros. coffee as well as Longhorn steakhouse! I did not rent a car & found that the bus stop to the light rail was walking distance, it took me to the Heard Museum, Botanical gardens & the Zoo on all-day pass that only cost $4 at Walgreens (next to bus stop) or $6 on the bus. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was simple with waffles, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs & cereal. My favorite part of the hotel was staying in an eastern facing room where I could see the sunrise every morning. I also loved the pool area very nice, shaded in the morning, sunny with some shade in the afternoon.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank rbrown333
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I booked this hotel because of its price and location. I was not expecting to be so impressed and happy with my choice! I was greeted by its quaint southwest style and clean, crisp details. the staff was friendly and efficient. The pool area and grounds were so private and relaxing, I felt like I was secluded from the world. The room was clean and very roomy and I enjoyed many conversations with other guests in the elevators and lobby. The breakfast was one of the best I have had for free. The battery on my door lock was dying so my card wouldn't work and it was repaired so quickly! I walked to the mall and to dinner a few times and it was wonderful. I will definately be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We traveled to Mesa, AZ for a wedding, and had a wonderful experience. We asked for adjoining rooms, and the staff was able to accommodate us. There was a sense of security, being that the hotel is across the street from the Mesa Police Department, although all was quiet during the night. It a good value for the money. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

san diego
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had to get a room on late notice and had two dogs with us. Knew that La Quinta Suites allowed dogs, so gave a call up and they gave us a military discount as well. Check in was extremely quick since I called ahead, approx 5 minutes if that and we were given the key to a room on the sixth floor. Although the hotel was nice, the hallway did have a little bit of a smell to it, not sure of exactly what the smell could of been related to though. Got to the room and was pleasantly surprised at the size and look of the room, which was much bigger than I expected. Didn't much car for the bathroom not have a lock on it, or a door that really closed. Was a double door that basically wedged itself to stay closed. Additionally the toilet was difficult to flush and had to take lid off to push the plunger to get it flush properly.

But still a very clean hotel as well as good service.

Room Tip: This hotel is a little out of the way, but good area to walk dogs or cats outside.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hotel was clean and very comfortable and great amenities. Price was about 90 dollars with triple A and was fair for the area and worth it for me for the experience. Breakfast was the usual, but the staff was anything but typical. Ms. Carmen (General Manager) was so pleasant when checking in. I had to check out early for extenuating circumstances. I can't not describe the extend of the kindness and professionalism received. Carmen made our stay here. I have enjoyed most if not all of my stays at La Quinta, but this one made me even more loyal. I honestly believe Carmen should be the companies example and teacher for their company nation wide. Outstanding service from check in to check out was amazing. Just can't describe it well enough. Tammy, lady who manages the kitchen, was a delight as well. Went above and beyond her duties with all the guests. We will come back to this facility any chance we get. Thank you so much!