“Wonderful place to stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found this La Quinta on Trip Advisor and was so pleased with the find. The staff was super friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. As a somewhat picky traveler (I like the carpet to feel really clean and the beds to have a clean and crisp feeling) I am always excited to find a nice place at a good price. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came down to Mesa for son's baseball tournament. When searching for a room, this one was at least $20.00 less than any others in area. West Mesa has really gone downhill. At least half of the businesses and restaurants have closed or moved out. The Fiesta mall next store is half empty, including the Dillard's which is closing. The hotel itself was clean and updated. The help was very friendly. We stayed in an accessible room which worked out well for myself. This hotel seems to be ADA ready. The A/C in the room was cold and you can open the window as well. The pool area was clean and peaceful. One downfall is it needs better outside lighting. Wasn't comfortable leaving my car in a dimly lit parking lot. If your traveler staying over night this place works great, but for a longer trip I would not recommend this area. A few miles east in the Superstition Springs area in very nice. I actually spoke to a local police officer who told me West Mesa was crap. All in all, the price was right.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Prescott, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed only one night before flying out of Phoenix-Mesa airport. It was easy to get to the hotel off of the highway. Parking was ample and free. The lobby was decorated in a simple attractive Southwestern style including a small fountain in the center. Our room was clean with extras for a mid-priced hotel including a clothes closet; small "pantry" for microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker; average size bathroom, desk and chairs, and king-bed. Our night was restful with no undue noise. Our room overlooked the outdoor swimming pool, it looked nice, but didn't try it. Breakfast was held in the lobby and included the usual items for an included breakfast (juice, cereal, muffins, bagels coffee), but all were fresh and tasty. We were only 10-15 minutes from the Phoenix-Mesa airport.

A very nice stay and a very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
A La Quinta traveler
Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed May 15, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nice place to stay. Quiet, clean pool and hot tub, several restaurants, etc. nearby. You cannot go wrong staying here considering the cost of the rooms and the genial and helpful front desk personnel (all the employees, really) and the overall cleanliness of the property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I called at approximately 5 pm to get a price on a room. I was quoted a price and decided to wait since Orbitz was cheaper. Unfortunately we were going through the mountains and I couldn't keep my internet working on my phone. I then tried to call La Quinta back, only to have it ring 20 - 30 times with no answer. I tried several times over the next 45 min. I then called their 800 number, only to be put on hold for 10 minutes. I finally got my internet to work, only to now have the price be higher through La Quinta's own web site. I went ahead and booked it at the higher price. When we got to La Quinta, I asked about no one answering the phone. The lady said she had to go to the 3rd floor and sometimes the portable phone doesn't work. Does that make sense to not have anyone answering a phone for hotel reservations? The lady at the desk was nice, but I'm surprised La Quinta is not concerned with their phone being answered. I also learned prices go up throughout the day. Interesting, considering the rooms were more than half empty.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family