“We repeated this Hotel as our choice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This Hotel repeated, for us, as a quiet, clean, cofortable, convenient place to stay; I would rate it as excellent, except for the fact that I am an RV person and do not like to stay in hotels at all, but this place made me feel rather comfortable with my surroundings and facilities.

Room Tip: Double queen beds are ok and we did that this time, but the king with the refer and micro are nicer...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great place for my impromptu rendezvous with my wife. The staff is very friendly and had our best interest at heart. I wish they provided bigger coffee cups at breakfast. The room and view if the courtyard was very relaxing. Close to many places to dine and be entertained.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was greeted with a very warm introduction.Room was fantastic, quiet,very clean ,and stocked with clean soft linen.Beds and pillows fresh and comfortable. The desk clerk Jake was very friendly and informative. They serve a wonderful continental breakfast My 2nd stay and very impressed Fly in and out 2 times a year will definetly continue to stay. Thanks, Shannon Peterson Minot N.D.

Room Tip: When you pull into a motel if the parking lot and grounds are clean most likely the inside is the sa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great breakfast, great room, great friendly staff, nice pool and spa. Too bad it's starting to fill up more and more and the rates are going up. Sometimes the elevators and the non-smoking floors can get a little smoky, so ask for a room far from the smoke.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Solo female traveler with one dog. I travel for work.

I stayed here one night on another cross-country work trip. The location is fine, right off of the highway. I likes how the hotel was in a quiet area and had a nice large dirt field next to the parking lot to walk my dog. Beware dog owners...lots of glass from broken bottles in the dirt lot, just be careful and don't let your dog off the leash.

I stayed on the 6th floor (second from the top) and had a nice big corner room with a king sized bed. The room was directly across from the elevator and at first I thought it might be an issue with noise but I soon figured out that the elevator had a good distance from the room and we didn't have any problems.

The room itself was nice with a good work space desk. Bed was standard comfortable pillow-top bed. Medium sized flat screen tv with normal cable. Bathroom was clean and nice-sized as well.

I had a microwave and a small fridge (smaller than normal) but as I only stayed one night, I did not have much to put in it.

Breakfast was the standard LQ items (cereal, waffles, etc).

My only complaint was that I could not leave my dog in the room to grab dinner, so I had to take her with me (not that big of a deal but just a hassle for a quick run-out and my dog has arthritis so the less moving about at the end of the day, the better). A lot of LQ's allow dogs to be kept in the room unattended in a kennel and will have the owner cell-number in case the dog barks. I think this hotel should inquire LQ about this policy and hopefully implement it in the future.

I know I will be coming back through Phoenix on my way again in April (or Vegas) and I am split 50/50 on whether I will stay here or another La Quinta down the road.

Customer service was excellent though. I did have a reservation under a two bed room and I asked if they had any Kings available for upgrade and they did it without hesitation. I am very thankful for that.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business