“Nice hotel, quiet area”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Solo female traveler with one dog. I travel for work.

I stayed here one night on another cross-country work trip. The location is fine, right off of the highway. I likes how the hotel was in a quiet area and had a nice large dirt field next to the parking lot to walk my dog. Beware dog owners...lots of glass from broken bottles in the dirt lot, just be careful and don't let your dog off the leash.

I stayed on the 6th floor (second from the top) and had a nice big corner room with a king sized bed. The room was directly across from the elevator and at first I thought it might be an issue with noise but I soon figured out that the elevator had a good distance from the room and we didn't have any problems.

The room itself was nice with a good work space desk. Bed was standard comfortable pillow-top bed. Medium sized flat screen tv with normal cable. Bathroom was clean and nice-sized as well.

I had a microwave and a small fridge (smaller than normal) but as I only stayed one night, I did not have much to put in it.

Breakfast was the standard LQ items (cereal, waffles, etc).

My only complaint was that I could not leave my dog in the room to grab dinner, so I had to take her with me (not that big of a deal but just a hassle for a quick run-out and my dog has arthritis so the less moving about at the end of the day, the better). A lot of LQ's allow dogs to be kept in the room unattended in a kennel and will have the owner cell-number in case the dog barks. I think this hotel should inquire LQ about this policy and hopefully implement it in the future.

I know I will be coming back through Phoenix on my way again in April (or Vegas) and I am split 50/50 on whether I will stay here or another La Quinta down the road.

Customer service was excellent though. I did have a reservation under a two bed room and I asked if they had any Kings available for upgrade and they did it without hesitation. I am very thankful for that.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a great view.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel. Greeting at front desk upon check-in set the mood for the stay. "Jake" the man at the reception desk was exceptionally helpful and accommodating. Room was spacious, clean, and nearly soundproof, with quality appointments. Room was cleaned and serviced promptly and efficiently. Breakfast was a bit scattered as far as food and utensils, but generally good offerings and tasteful. Would stay again and recommend to associates and friends.

A La Quinta traveler
tucson
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was helpful and pleasant to work with. The breakfast was great and the lady in charge of the breakfast was so nice. There was always plenty of parking. It was easy to find. Right off of I 60.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wife and I stayed here recently for a couple nights while attending to some family matters. As LaQuinta Inn's go, this was probably one of the nicer ones I've seen. Nothing fancy, but a nice, good-size, clean, comfortable, modern hotel room, and conveniently located near what we needed in Mesa. It fit the bill perfectly for what we needed. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I appreciated the friendly, helpful staff. It makes such a good impression for a hotel when the front desk staff, and other staff too, are pleasant and welcoming!

My room was on the busy freeway side so I requested a change. The 2nd room I got was still on the freeway side. The third room I got was quieter. Everything was good, except for the beds. They were quite worn and I did not have the best night's sleep unfortunately. The breakfast was good with a nice variety, but over too soon. I would have liked to sleep in but got up early so I had one less meal to plan for.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo