“Good clean place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Seattle
“Good clean place to stay”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

When the air conditioning in my house broke down (in the middle of Summer) I needed a place to stay a few nights while it was being repaired. I decided to stay at the La Quinta Inn in Mesa, which seemed like a newer hotel in the Fiesta Mall area. Lots of restaurants nearby, easy access to the I-10 freeway. I've stayed at several La Quinta's in the past across the US on business travel, some nice, some bad, but this one was pretty good. The room I had was large, clean, smelled fine, and had everything I needed. It was cool and quiet and had good Internet access. And the price was good (mainly because it was in the dead of summer and most people don't vacation in the Phoenix area during this time).

The only thing that concerned me was this hotel takes small pets, which often means the rooms smell bad (either like urine or heavy industrial carpet cleaner) but for my room none of that was present. The free breakfast buffet was good too, nothing fancy but enough for me to start my day.

So, if you want a cheap hotel room that is clean and roomy, I definitely recommend you check out this La Quinta Inn (and, doors open inside the building, not outside!).

Room Tip: I suggest getting a higher floor room for quietness.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Saint Charles, MO
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire. Check in at the front counter was very quick and easy.

When we arrived at our room, it was much bigger than we expected, we had plenty of room to spread out! Even though the hotel was FULL because of a wedding party, spring training and other events, we encountered no noise issues and the other guests were friendly and polite.

Check out was a breeze. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable hotel.

Pros:
- Down the street from a mall (It got cool at night and we forgot a jacket!)
- Close to many restaurants
- Free breakfast (nothing to too fancy, but it was free)
- Well lit parking lot
- Free Wi-fi, didn't have any issues
- Loved shower head

Cons:
- Elevator was slow
- Didn't like bathroom door

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rohnert park
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My Brother and one son did our annual Spring Training. We had switched LaQuintas last year to be closer to our home team. We were disappointed in the other la Quinta so this year returned to the Laquinta on W Grove in Mesa. Floors of bathroom and tub were marked with black. Elevator near lobby made lots of noise and thumping noises. We were on the 7th floor and on one occasion it stopped at the 7th floor and the doors would not open. It took me almost 10 minutes to finally get the elevator to respond and get me back down to the ground level and off. I mentioned to mangement and they fixed it. Several days later I rode the elevator again and it still made noise and thumped several times going up but door opened.

• Stayed March 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years, and recently (May, 2012) spent five nights here. As a rule, their rooms are clean and service has been good. We did have a little problem with the timeliness of the room cleaning the first day. It hadn’t been cleaned, or towels replaced, by 4:15 PM, so we had to call the front desk to request clean towels. No problems on subsequent days, however. This hotel has 7 floors, and during busy times they could use a little extra help at the front desk to avoid making guests wait in line so much. One nice thing about this location is that it is NOT near any very busy roads or highways – making it more quiet than some. The rates here are lower than most other hotels in the area of similar quality. It has been good over the years, but on this last stay there were a few more “rough edges” than previously. However, I would likely stay here again the next time I’m in the area.

1 Thank Roadman58
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is a nice hotel that is easy to get to. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. We had a suite. It was enough room for the family. We did not seem to hear the other TVs, but we were at the end of the hall.

The breakfast was simple but enough for us.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I must admit, I expected much more after reading the RAVE reviews of other TripAdvisor folks. I think that was the only disappointment.

Pros:
- Located near restaurants & easy access
- Free basic breakfast
- Pet friendly with no extra charge (I brought my two 25-lb dogs)
- Clean

Cons:
- Not built as well as I'd hoped, you could hear televisions and conversation above you
- I was given a 3rd floor room, meaning I had to parade the dogs up/down 2 flights of stairs for those midnight potty breaks
- Suite wasn't as big as I expected

So I think overall it's a fine place for basic, clean accommodations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TerrySF
Kenai, Alaska
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I almost don't want to let on about this hotel and what a deal it was although because we like to sleep in late, we will skip the breakfast add-on. Its very clean with very comfortable rooms. The location was perfect for us. When you have Marriotts on each side of you and a Hilton 2 blocks away and your paying La Quinta prices for the same location, how can that be a bad thing?!?! Very safe feeling area with a well-lit parking lot. Within 2 blocks of the hotel, there is the Fiesta Mall, Mimi's Cafe, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Fiesta Golf Course (a sweet laidback 9 holer) and easy on/off to the 60 freeway. The staff was friendly, helpful & during our 7 night stay our only problem was they missed cleaning our room one day. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple