“Very nice stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Mesa West
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel was very clean and the air conditioner worked well. The staff was friendly and let us use the cart to load our stuff up on to make it easier for the transfer our luggage from the car to the hotel. The hotel allowed our dog to stay there which was a plus and put us by an elevator, which made it easier to take our dog down to use the bathroom. The Continental breakfast was delicious offering... blueberry and banana nut muffins,fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, juices, milk, and cereals, and hard boiled eggs. The hotel is one of the best I've stayed in and was a welcome site after staying in a dump for high price in California. The only thing I would change would be to put more washers and dryers in the laundry room. There is only one and the guests have to fight over the one....figuratively speaking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our stays here during family visits have been consistently good, and in July the price value made it hard to leave--only $50 AARP rate including tax. Clean and comfortable. Coffee pot in room. Above average breakfast included.

Room Tip: Wifi was weak on 4th floor, so if that's important to you ask for lower floor--no problem then.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My spouse and I stayed here, 2 nights, and it was OK. Clean, especially the bathroom. Pool and hot tub were clean, nice landscaping.Quiet, also. Right next to Fiesta Mall, with restaurants close. Access to main roads and expressways were close by. Wi-Fi didn't quite connect as it should have, but we were not there to use the computer much anyway. The elavator was really slow, so used the stairs a few times. Buffet breakfast was OK, fresh and restocked frequently. A decent place to stay for us. Beats the bigger chair resorts, pricewise, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We were well treated and accomodated by staff. I needed to have a recliner to sleep in, they were quick to help and set us up quickly. Day shift and night shift staff very friendly as well as day person in the lobby for breakfast. Staff seemed happy to be working and helpful. (I have stayed too many places where staff was surly) This hotel does show some signs of age with wear in carpets and some faults with paint and wallpaper. I can live with that when well served and comfortable. Cleaning needs a little help... maybe a thorough spring cleaning to give the whole place a fresh start. Pool and hot tub wwwere clean and comfortable. I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: even #s rooms give best view. Odds #s poor view
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel a few years back and at that time, it was a clean, well-run hotel but not anymore. When you first enter the hotel, the lobby looks great, but that's not the case with the rest of the place. The walls and doors in the hallways are dented, scuffed and have all sorts of dirty debris on them. The doors with windows are smudge with body oils. During our recent visit, the tile floor in front of the elevator was filthy; it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a few days. Pretty gross but the elevator was worse- on top of the grimy floor were crumbs, muffin wrappers, and garbage. The elevator door have graffiti scratched into it. We talked with a manger about the filth the next morning ( it was still there) and had to speak with yet another manager that afternoon when it still hadn't been cleaned. The hallway to our room was about the same except it had a musty smell too.

Fortunately, our room wasn't as bad as, at this point, I imagined it might be. It wasn't what I'd consider clean (dirty around the corners of the bathroom floor, dirty fingerprints on the doors, the comforter was stained) but it was much better than the elevator and hallway however, I kept my shoes on when walking on the carpet floor. I'd rate it a 5 on a 1-10 cleanliness scale. Comfort wise, the beds were decent and room temp good. There was a baseball team staying in our hall so that kept us awake.

The bottom line for me is that unless this hotel does a major cleaning along with repainting and refurbishing carpet, I would not stayed again. I would advise you not to either.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I met my dad in Mesa to see some Spring Training, and he booked the La Quinta Inn based on reviews, and we weren't disappointed. For $79/night, we weren't expecting much, but the La Quinta was relatively new, with nice, clean rooms, and pretty good facilities. It was too cold for me to use the pool, but others were enjoying it.

The free breakfast was of the standard "continental" variety, with one really great addition: you could make your own waffles. Needless to say, I had waffles every morning, apart from our first morning, when we missed breakfast (it ends at 9 AM on weekdays--a bit early).

The location was incredibly convenient, right next to a major highway. There's also a pretty good sports bar in walking distance (one long block away).

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 27, 2010

After reading other reviews I guess I expected more from this property. We checked in on a Saturday for a one night stay. The free "wi-fi" never worked. The portions of the room behind dressers and night stands were incredibly dirty. The hotel had one staff person on duty from 6 PM on and she was running all the time. The elevator ran very slowwwwwwww. Breakfast was the usual low end fare. Hallways were noisy. But the location was good. i'd not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family