“Great value/wonderful staff”

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
A TripAdvisor Member
White Lake, Michigan, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff here were wonderful. We stayed for a week & everyone on staff greeted us with a smile and the question "how are you enjoying your stay?". The property is a little dated but very clean. The maintenance staff was scheduled to power wash the area around the pool one afternoon when we were enjoying the sunshine. We told them that we would not mind if they went ahead but they told us that they would do it later because we should enjoy the beautiful weather, uninterrupted but their work. The manager (Kim) was always present--we saw her on several occasions checking the property & pitching in when needed. The breakfast was adequate. Nothing fancy---but it filled the bill of your standard Continental breakfast. We have family in the area of this hotel & we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A La Quinta traveler
Rochester, New York, USA
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The service was awesome here, the staff were very friendly and accommodating -- helped us get whatever we needed (i.e., forgotten shaving cream). The rooms were quiet, roomy and clean. I would have preferred 2 queens in the room instead of just doubles, but it worked out okay. The pool was heated and well maintained -- which was nice for our January visit. The grounds were beautiful, and the breakfast was nice. The fitness room wasn't ideal, but it did have a treadmill and a bike. The weight machine was messed up. Parking was easy, and the hotel is located near lots of restaurants and shopping. This hotel is located in a good part of town, and I will definitely stay here with my family again!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Yesterday I experienced the worst customer service ever!

It was pretty easy to find, and our initial check was normal. However, when we got off the elevator we hit a wall of smoke. The stench was so bad that my eyes were watering and I had a glaring headache before I'd even found the room. Upon entering I noticed that I had been given a smoking room. I returned to the front desk and reminded them my reservation was for a non-smoking room and asked to be moved to a room matching my reservation. This is when The front desk staff, lead by Teayana, became the worst customer service staff ever. They said there were no other rooms and I had to take it. They offered no solutions. When I asked if I could have my money back, she said it was her boss's decision and she couldn't guarantee it. I asked if she could call her boss and confirm. She refused to give us a room that matched our reservation, give us a refund or even call her boss to get some answers. She was completely defensive, rude and unapologetic. She offered no solutions and left me with no options. I immediately called AmEx to the rescue. They got on the phone and suddenly she had a room that she'd thought was clean. She asked another employee to confirm and worked to switch it in the system. Thirty minutes later we were given a new set of keys. Back up the elevator to find the keys didn't work. Downstairs we were given a new set of keys. Third time's a charm up the elevator? No! The keys still didn't work!!! We went downstairs again and before saying anything about the keys, Teayana said the room was occupied. (Creepy). Now at least at hour has passed. All we received was attitude and the run around. No solutions or money back. I walked out frustrated and without a refund. I called AmEx and they will try to get my refund, so at least there is one company (American Express) that knows customer service.

Working it customer service, I know things sometime goes wrong - Apologize, be polite and find a solution. I am very sad that customer service like this exists. As a customer, I felt trapped and not respected. Their attitude of saying it wasn't their fault and making it my problem was the worst route you could take. After a long day of travel, I spent over an hour and a half dealing with these people. I highly recommend that other customer's do not even waste their time here.

Trust me, just start somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!